J200 find

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

felixcatus

Reaction score
Found this at a 30 minute drive from my home.

IMG-20211228-210958281.jpg

IMG-20211228-211022492.jpg

IMG-20211228-220037639.jpg

Interesting. I once bought a MIK Sigma for around $100 so I could get the case. I was impressed with that guitar. I guess it was from the late 80s or 90s? When do you think this one was made?

Sigmania said:
Interesting. I once bought a MIK Sigma for around $100 so I could get the case. I was impressed with that guitar. I guess it was from the late 80s or 90s? When do you think this one was made?

Based on what I have read here on the forum, the Korean J200's were produced between 1999 and 2006?

It was a good lesson for me not to broad brush a country’s manufacturing based on a reputation. I had bought other Korean Sigmas before that that were not up to Japanese standards so I was avoiding them. That guitar was a shocker. Since then I’ve had a more open mind about it. I hope she plays well.

The Samick and Peerless factories have made some great stuff. A lot is down to the commissioning company setting the specs and QI tolerances.

I guess you would need to know when each company had the commission to figure that out? Is it marked in some way?

Don't mean to hi-jack the thread, but interesting subject with a Korean Tokai I think. A bit mysterious too.

Sigmania said:
I guess you would need to know when each company had the commission to figure that out? Is it marked in some way?

Don't mean to hi-jack the thread, but interesting subject with a Korean Tokai I think. A bit mysterious too.

All good and interesting. 8)

Sigmania said:

Sadly not, as they made a lot of kit for a lot of companies! Plus their own brand stuff!

Latest posts

Back