Tokai TD28-N

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me more info about this guitar? I can't find anything on the internet. I found someone selling one, the add says it's from the 1960's. Do you think this is true?

That white soundhole label is identical (except for model number) as my Made in Korea J200.

I have thought it possible that this range could possibly part of the Canadian importers "Special Order".

Not Japanese for sure.

brokentoes said:
That white soundhole label is identical (except for model number) as my Made in Korea J200.

I have thought it possible that this range could possibly part of the Canadian importers "Special Order".

Not Japanese for sure.
I know nothing about Tokai acoustics, it looks fairly decent. You think it is one of the Fakais?

The seller is apparently 75 and doesn't play anymore so moving some guitars.

Been keeping an eye out for an older acoustic, thought this could be a decent one, but I certainly don't want a fake.

I can't tell you 100%. I can only tell you its not Japanese made and if its in Ontario, Canada there is a real possibility that it might not be genuine Tokai at all. If this guy is telling you he bought it way back then he's lying. These Korean models were made in the Early 2000's. Not sure if that's old enough to count as "old" I'm pretty sure they were made in one of the plants that made the same models for Epiphone.

Latest posts

Back