Identified: Fresher FSV-380

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yubsesperat

Reaction score
I have been tryin to identify this one. It has no decals but there are several clues that hint this might be a Tokai, but I could be wrong though. Kindly chime in if youve got some info on it.

The tuners have the single line "DELUXE" stamped on the back and the dome-ish top on the shafts, identical to the Tokais:

"Deluxe" stamped on the back of the tuners

Dome-ish tuner shaft ends

The knobs are the small font type, also identical to Tokais:

Knobs

I know the DM-50 and DM-30 are Gotoh Japan commonly used on MIJ guitars but ive never encountered this DM-50 "3" until.now.

Switch DM 50-3

It weirded me out because it was a 5 way switch that has middle positions but never really like a usual 5 way switch. The middle positions arent "FIXED" and the in between positions 4 and 2 could somehow be randomly accessed.

I couldnt find anything online, except a comment on a forum saying he had a switch exactly like that on his Tokai:

It has the undeniably Japanese Green "Chicklet" capacitor and Noble pots, which Ive later found out were Japanese too.

Electronics 1

Electronics 2

Noble Potentiometers

The pickups are ceramic although surprisingly good sounding. I could not see a sample of a Tokai with same-color wires.

Pickup Bottom Ceramics

The saddles are unmarked. I could give it a benefit of the doubt that they might have been replaced, like most old strats have. But feels like the current saddles and bridge have come together.

Bridge is a two-piece assembly, with the Full-size ZINC block removable from the plate (unlike the early cheap bridge assemblies where they are one piece).

Bridge Assembly

Bridge Saddles

Tremblock

Routing is generally CLEAN. Very similar to Tokai routing (slope on the control cavity, like other Tokai made Fernandes). The Candy Apple Red paint seems really well-done.

Body Front

It does not have a serial on the neck plate

Body Back

Appreciate your help

The concave curve after the nut and before the tuners is a Tokai signature. I'm not sure if others used it but it's not common.

Neck pocket pictures would help.

So you figured it out? Fresher Straighter?

The title of this thread changed so am assuming you did.

Congratulations.

Back