Hilton Valentine ST60 OW Goldstar

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sigmania

Staff member
Reaction score
Just wanting to document a 1984 ST60 Goldstar I once owned that was previously owned by Hilton Valentine of the Animals. I saw him the other day in a documentary on Jimi Hendrix and thought about this guitar.

(Hilton on guitar with Eric Burdon, Chas Chandler, and the Animals.)

XjUAwas.jpg

I found out that he passed away last year (1943 - 2021). Rest in peace Hilton. Hopefully you are jamming with your friends.

Found this on Wikipedia:

"The Animals' version of the "House of the Rising Sun" is generally considered to be the definitive version of the song, and was cited by Bob Dylan as one of the reasons why he transitioned from acoustic to electric sound."

Not sure how many of us went to school on the guitar part on "House of the Rising Sun"? I would guess a lot of us over a certain age. 8)

As I recall, the pickups on this ST60 had been switched to Fenders at some point before I got it. Frets were pretty worn as well as the finish on the edge of the fretboard from being played a lot. Nice well loved guitar.

Posting pics in case it surfaces again.

Pic of Hilton playing this Goldstar with Chef sticker from South Park.

5xcbfi5.jpg

Removed Chef sticker, signed guitar pic, and newspaper article with photo of him playing this guitar.

p9kPC2s.jpg

HENZRhX.jpg

W8Hgs15.jpg

CtEFwM5.jpg

VqiE3SJ.jpg

MwP6SIm.jpg

Back