LS200 Gallery 1979-

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sigmania

Staff member
Reaction score
Just going to collect pics of the LS200s posted around the web and on this forum.

Serial numbers:

Cashew Finish

1980 Vol 3 Catalog

LS200.jpg

1981 Arched Top Catalog
Scan 0.jpeg

1982 Spring Catalog

Scan 1 4.jpeg

1983 & 1984 Catalogs

TLS.jpg

1985 Catalog

44739-3bcac73f1b5acf455e8d605be95837d0.jpg

1986 Vol 12 Catalog

Screen Shot 2024-01-31 at 7.41.12 AM.png

1987 Vol 13 Catalog

Screen Shot 2022-11-03 at 8.38.55 AM.png

1994 Catalog Vol 17

Scan 7.jpeg

Last edited:
From a listing on the forum in 2018 selling this 1980 LS200.

I think Cliff may own this one now?

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=24590

Here we have the last word in early Tokai les paul replicas, a 1980 Tokai LS 200. This is the only one of these for sale in the world right now being one of the rarest Tokai guitars ever made. Back in 1980 these guitars were custom order only, featuring Tokai's 'cashew laquer' finish and hand picked timbers.

This particular example features one of the best flametops seen on a 200 with a fat 58-59 neck profile. Medium weight at around 4.2kg. This guitar is all original minus a replacement ABR1 that fits straight on however the original is included in the case. The neck is straight and plays with a low action with plenty of fret life present. This particular example came stock from the factory with Gibson 'Tim Shaw' humbuckers that really deliver that old sound.

This is the nicest tokai that ive had and is only being sold due to wanting a 50s fender. Has incredible sustain and tone and competes with my vintage gibsons. A true collectors piece for any Tokai enthusiast.

Comes in the original Tokai lifton style case.
Feel free to ask any questions.
Shipping at buyers expense (ask for more accurate quote).
Advertised elsewhere.

SOLD

DlnwOZil.jpg

604qFZYl.jpg

FNNKlR2l.jpg

sQMJYIll.jpg

wIOu37al.jpg

dvvcFu2l.jpg

0C5hn88l.jpg

UMCap5dl.jpg

2tuyAFul.jpg

rFDI2Ydl.jpg

Ta0ardal.jpg

bWgams3l.jpg

Kc1Os1fl.jpg

Another one that was for sale on this forum in 2018. This one a 1981 LS200 by the same seller.

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=24326

Here we have the last word in early Tokai les paul replicas, a 1981 Tokai LS 200. This is the only one of these for sale in the world right now being one of the rarest Tokai guitars ever made. Back in 1981 these guitars were custom order only, featuring Tokai's 'cashew laquer' finish and hand picked timbers.

This particular example features a great flametop with a slight asymmetrical '59' profile to the neck. Lightweight at almost exactly 4kg. This guitar is all original except for the following:
- OX4 Medium wind aged double white PAFs
- TVT CTS pots with original 60s 'black beauty' caps
- A previous owner installed 2 mini switched between the tone controls which have been plugged with some brass studs (I have photos showing these studs being in the guitar since the early 90s).

Comes in the original Tokai case
Feel free to ask any questions.
Shipping at buyers expense.

SOLD

LiuVkoml.jpg

cu9YWEGl.jpg

NyRJN68l.jpg

y1wbe4yl.jpg

dUfuRael.jpg

qDxk7O1l.jpg

Gs491npl.jpg

Cg33Amvl.jpg

e9eUc82l.jpg

D2Zd4Qll.jpg

bmu9Dl0l.jpg

sB3iystl.jpg

Ng3eEUil.jpg

hIkkHcVl.jpg

eL4KzzKl.jpg

n4BnWUml.jpg

1980 LS200

http://mycoolguitars.com/tokai-ls-200/

Tokai LS-200

Here it is, the holy grail of Tokai guitars: My 1980 Tokai LS200 Love Rock. This vintage MIJ beauty has a top never seen before on a Tokai LS-200. I read an article in Japan that they invented a special cashew lacquer finish in the 1950s made from cashew nut shells that was used for this guitar. It cost me twice as much as a new Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul, but its easily twice as good and one of the rarest guitars in the world.

3fUWaZt.png

vOlNLyw.png

HP4BHCs.png

8PCIeGP.png

ofvTSVD.png

LEXCqfv.png

one thing I find very interesting about the 200s posted here, and I have seen this in other examples, is that about half of the examples show a maple top that does not look book matched but seems to have more of a flitch matched character, which I really like much more than a true book matched look.

8QPReU8.png

XU5rExS.jpg

aNuryRR.jpg

jUtCWCa.jpg

TUNBmJ1.jpg

P5rIHHl.jpg

Uq6odjB.jpg

3qSNOmk.jpg

QwD8xoI.jpg

bKu5RRU.jpg

9h3JDEq.jpg

vlBbqHV.png

HyBSjOI.png

BDe7zhQ.png

CLRmzwM.jpg

Tokai LS200 VF LS200 Jacaranda fingerboard made in 1981
Description
TokaiLS200VF Tokai LS200 Jacaranda fingerboard made in 1981
1981 TokaiLS200VF

The Ls200 was a made-to-order product at that time, and it is a very rare and valuable model that appears on the second-hand market.
This is the top model of the LS series.
In addition, this individual is made in 1981 during the golden age of Tokai, and has a gorgeous quilted top that is overwhelmingly fewer than tiger eyes.

Gibson stamped numbered pickups are chosen.
It is the factory original at the time.
There are some scratches, etc., but it is in a beautiful condition that makes it hard to believe that it has been over 40 years old.

It has a vintage-like sound.

It seems that the possibility of meeting in the future is getting smaller and smaller, so please consider it as soon as possible.
Neck is normal. Easy to play truss rod I can afford The string height is about 1.5mm at 12F. The neck, rod, and bridge are in good condition, so you can adjust the string height to your liking. About 70% of the frets remain. It is still in a usable state.
Accessories A model name document and an original Tokai hard hard case are included.
Weight 4.32Kg

Body:Mapletop top 2P solid maple machined
Mahogany back
Neck: Rosewoodon Mahogany
Nut width about 43.5mm
Pickup:OriginalGibson engraved numbered PAFx2
Bridge: Original ABR-1 type Made in Japan
StopTailpiece Original aluminum material Made in Japan
Tuner: Original Kluson type
Frets: 22
Control:2-Volume2-Tone3-WayTogglePickupSelector
Case: OriginalHC
-
It is a valuable solid maple topless pole.
Top solid maple
Fingerboard Black Jacaranda Rosewood Fingerboard
Body back mahogany, dress
Head angle 18 degrees

Tokai was established in 1947.
It is an individual from the era that is said to be the most popular and "good thing" in the long history of Tokai.
Since this LS series is a model that started production in 1978,
It is also an early individual.
And this model has excellent woodworking technology, from the internal structure to the shape of the arch.
It is highly rated and popular as a Japanese vintage made with a perfect copy.
Recommended for those who are considering TokaiLSLoveRockLS100 LS120 LS150 LS200.
color sunburst
Year of manufacture 1981
pickup passive
Pickup configuration HH
Number of frets 22 frets
neck scale medium
Weight 4.32kg
Body material maple top mahogany back
No tremolo
Fingerboard Jacaranda
neck joint set neck
neck material mahogany
Accessories hard case, instruction manual,

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2660404162...b_vTl8uRJe&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Latest posts

Back