NGD: ST-100 Natural

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siamackz

Tokai Supporter
Reaction score
Hi All, I always felt like natural would be the perfect colour for a 1-piece ST 100, and I’m happy to share that I just acquired one :)
I’ve written a detailed article on it by studying catalogues and reading new and historical posts of veteran members and experts on this forum. Here’s a link in case you might be interested - https://www.siavintageguitars.com/tokai-st-100-natural
ea5cc8_dbefc3cc034441629ed72ac0fb174fa4~mv2.jpg

Congratulations!

Nice piece of ash. 8) I think it’s a sen… :lol:

siamackz said:
Sigmania said:
Congratulations!

Nice piece of ash. 8) I think it’s a sen… :lol:

Yup sen ash :) and yes that’s in fact the same guitar as in your link!

I had removed it, but you mean this.

DkjMxvu.png

It's interesting.

There are some ST100s that have a flamed neck, and some that don't.

There are some that have gold hardware, and some that have nickel.

And there are some that have both gold hardware and a flamed neck early on like felixcatus' 1978 ST100BL.

Then there entered the ST120. And it too sometimes had gold hardware and sometimes not. Sometimes flame, sometimes not (I believe).

I'm not totally sure how it all fits together. Interesting guitars and history.

Homeras said:
Congrats siamackz!
Soon you will have an awesome ST100 trio ;)!

Did he buy yours too? Congrats to the both of you. Hope you are staying safe there in Warsaw.

Homeras said:
Congrats siamackz!

Did he buy yours too? Congrats to the both of you. Hope you are staying safe there in Warsaw.

Sigmania said:
Homeras said:
Congrats siamackz!

I’m on a ST-100 spree it seems! I spent the entire year’s guitar budget on three guitars within the first 2 weeks of the new financial year, lol. This is the year of STs. Next year will be Breezy and LRs.

Sigmania said:
It's interesting.

There are some ST100s that have a flamed neck, and some that don't.

There are some that have gold hardware, and some that have nickel.

And there are some that have both gold hardware and a flamed neck early on like felixcatus' 1978 ST100BL.

Then there entered the ST120. And it too sometimes had gold hardware and sometimes not. Sometimes flame, sometimes not (I believe).

I'm not totally sure how it all fits together. Interesting guitars and history.

And it’s all the more confusing to me because Tokai seemed so meticulous with everything production related that it’s surprising there are so many inconsistencies between their marketing and the actual guitars being sold.

Sigmania said:
Homeras said:
Congrats siamackz!

Looks like he did ;)
Thank You, it's still safe here ;)

You could call that an ST105 with that finish. The natural color adds another ¥5000.

Sigmania said:
You could call that an ST105 with that finish. The natural color adds another ¥5000.

The additional 5k is a good point you make and something I should mention in the article. Thanks for bringing it up!

Back