Reborn Old Line

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sigmania

Staff member
Reaction score
I’m a little slow…. For years I thought Reborn Old was a reference to the early Les Paul copies (Les Paul Reborn). But after translating a bunch of catalogs it’s now clear to me that this is an overall slogan, attitude and effort to build copies/replicas/clones of early Fender and Gibson guitars. The Old Models. The "Old King", etc. as the Tokai literature describes the vintage originals.

Here are the graphics used on stickers for the product line in 1979.

ypHSXyC.jpg

2hS4Hcp.jpg

mlgHN3J.jpg

Hi guys,

Yeah, I saw a lot of these in my time with Tokai Aust - we even had a wooden display panel with it engraved in.[wish I had have kept that]

I agree in this was a slogan used to promote the fact that the Tokai models were replicas of the old Fender and Gibson guitars and they used aged woods to make them hence they have been "Reborn Old". They even used the slogan on the 1980 Les Pauls as they were transitioning between "Les Paul Reborn" and "Love Rock Model". I'm pretty sure the campaign ran from1979 till around 1983

regards
Peter Mac

Latest posts

Back