1970s 1979 "Les Paul Reborn" Fold Out Hi Res Scans and Translation (Off White)

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sigmania

Staff member
Reaction score
gPD6ZRZ.jpg

Translation in progress 8)

Les Paul's super sound goes through your heart!

'58 Les Paul, King of Electric Guitar

Tokai Les Paul Reborn

(Left side of page)

The definitive version of the Les Paul model dedicated to young musicians in Japan and the world, it's the only LS.LC series with the Tokai Nilectric Guitar 7 ° project team !!

★ Anyway, a perfect copy It can be said that the model that tried this did not exist until now. I was pleased with the material of the copy-ze body only for the appearance, the shape and performance of the parts were different, and there was nothing that I was satisfied with. Tokai's electric guitar project perfectly recreated all of that famous '58 Les Paul, evoking not only its re-reconstruction but also its almighty sound. The origin of the sound is the sound !! The LS.LC seeds are really valuable as an instrument that uses the conventional wisdom of copies. Look at your hands, a good guitar just touches your hand. I understand.

LS Series '58 Les Paul Standard Model

● LS-50… Maple Tot 7 with 5 circles? Completely machined veneer of mahogany back. At the moment, maybe only our team can't do it with other companies? The special case is 1 yen and the total is 60,000 yen, the colors are CS, BS and GT & BB
● LS-60 ... The microphone of this model is a luxury item with a model of 10,000 yen or more elsewhere. Sustain's perfect distortion sound is just 5. The main body is 60,000 yen, the exclusive case is 10,000 yen, and the total is ¥ 7o, 000, and the colors are CS and BS.
● LS-80… This is the model that has received the most attention in the LS series. The quickest way to check the sound and playability of Bagun is to look at the actual product at the store and play it. The main body is 80,000 yen and the special case is "| 22,000 yen. The total is half 92,000, the color is OS and BS & GT, BB lacquer finish.
● LS-I00 ... This model has an open type" Hapuff ". Power Because I am proud of it, I definitely want you to play it with a high-performance amplifier. Main body 100,000 yen, special case 12.000 yen Total half 12,000. Color is OS and BS, this is also lacquered.

LC Series Black Beauty Custom Model

● LC-100… “Black Beauty” is back !! Body is all mahogany, XD-'s jersey sound is perfect. The colors are black and beautiful wine red. (One deviation is 100,000 yen for the main body and 12,000 yen for the special case, and the total is half 12,000.

(Right side of page)

This is different Tokai Les Paul Model

★ LS Series '58 Les Paul Standard Model
★ LC Series Black Beauty Custom Model

First from the body * 58 Les Paul Custom's body was made of a solid maple top and mahogany back, but a domestic copy.

Be aware that some of them have air in them (that is, airships) or have another material stuffed between maple and mahogany.

With Tokai's guitar, you don't have to worry about that at all.

(Diagram of cross sections)

★ This is a space maple molded plywood
★ This part is a different rice or E-laminated type, so it's important

The top arch is a thorough division of 58 Les Pauls.

What is Tokai's work? Of course top class x iful mahogany

On the other hand, the LS and LC series bodies are completely complete (as shown in the 5P photo in the VOL.1 catalog), and the Les Paul sound is born.

Everything from the 50,000 yen model is like that. The big thing about bodies is the "boring" process, which you can't see directly. It's a little difficult to explain in words.

Let us take a simple diagram.

(top of diagram)
★ 15mm thick

(middle of diagram)
★ A hole for connecting the shield view from the toggle switch to the controller part in a straight line.

(bottom of diagram)
★ LS, LC series body addition

This addition is really hard. The length is about 38 cm, the hole-drilling machine that opens it is about 2 m, and the drill is 50 cm. I don't think I can imitate it anywhere else. This is all new to completely reproduce the '58 model. As mentioned above, I was absolutely confident in my body. I want to make the best guitar with the wonderful mechanical power of "computer-controlled 3D router" and the high degree of craftsmanship. And I want you to play in the best condition. This is the lycee of the project team. Can't you see the true "cost performance power" as such?

Last edited:
Google translate of first page:

Les Paul's super sound goes through your heart!

'58 Les Paul, King of Electric Guitar

Tokai Les Paul Reborn

(Left side of page)

The definitive version of the Les Paul model dedicated to young musicians in Japan and the world, it's the only LS.LC series with the Tokai Nilectric Guitar 7 ° project team !!

★ Anyway, a perfect copy It can be said that the model that tried this did not exist until now. I was pleased with the material of the copy-ze body only for the appearance, the shape and performance of the parts were different, and there was nothing that I was satisfied with. Tokai's electric guitar project perfectly recreated all of that famous '58 Les Paul, evoking not only its re-reconstruction but also its almighty sound. The origin of the sound is the sound !! The LS.LC seeds are really valuable as an instrument that uses the conventional wisdom of copies. Look at your hands, a good guitar just touches your hand. I understand.

LS Series '58 Les Paul Standard Model

● LS-50… Maple Tot 7 with 5 circles? Completely machined veneer of mahogany back. At the moment, maybe only our team can't do it with other companies? The special case is 1 yen and the total is 60,000 yen, the colors are CS, BS and GT & BB
● LS-60 ... The microphone of this model is a luxury item with a model of 10,000 yen or more elsewhere. Sustain's perfect distortion sound is just 5. The main body is 60,000 yen, the exclusive case is 10,000 yen, and the total is ¥ 7o, 000, and the colors are CS and BS.
● LS-80… This is the model that has received the most attention in the LS series. The quickest way to check the sound and playability of Bagun is to look at the actual product at the store and play it. The main body is 80,000 yen and the special case is "| 22,000 yen. The total is half 92,000, the color is OS and BS & GT, BB lacquer finish.
● LS-I00 ... This model has an open type" Hapuff ". Power Because I am proud of it, I definitely want you to play it with a high-performance amplifier. Main body 100,000 yen, special case 12.000 yen Total half 12,000. Color is OS and BS, this is also lacquered. 0 O

LC Series Black Beauty Custom Model

● LC-100… “Black Beauty” is back !! Podie is all mahogany, XD-'s jersey sound is perfect. The colors are plaque and beautiful wine red. (One deviation is 100,000 yen for the main body and 12,000 yen for the special case, and the total is half 12,000.

(Right side of page)

This is different Tokai Les Paul Model

★ LS Series '58 Les Paul Standard Model
★ LC Series Black Beauty Custom Model

First from the body * 58 Les Paul Custom's body was made of a solid maple top and mahogany back, but a domestic copy.

Be aware that some of them have air in them (that is, airships) or have another material stuffed between maple and mahogany. With Tokai's guitar, you don't have to worry about that at all.

(Diagram of cross sections)

★ This is a space maple molded plywood ★ This part is a different rice or E-laminated type, so it's important

The top arch is a thorough division of 58 Les Pauls.

What is Tokai's work? Of course top class x iful mahogany

On the other hand, the LS and LC series bodies are completely complete (as shown in the 5P photo in the vOL.1 catalog), and the Les Paul sound is born.

Everything from the 50,000 yen model is like that. The big thing about bodies is the "boring" process, which you can't see directly. It's a little difficult to explain in words.

Let's draw a simple diagram.
★ 15mm, thick
★ A hole for connecting the shield view from the toggle switch to the controller part in a straight line. This addition is really hard. The length is about 38 cm, the hole requesting machine to make this is about 2 m, and the drill is 50 cm. I don't think I can imitate it anywhere else. Is this all?

It is a matter of course to completely revisit the 1983 model. As mentioned above, I was absolutely confident in my body. I want to make the best guitar with the wonderful skill of "computer-controlled 3D router" and the high degree of craftsmanship. And I want you to play in the best condition. This is the policy of the project team. Isn't this what the real "cost performance power" is?

MezEHhU.jpg

Translation:

This is different. TOKAI's woodworking technology and parts making are important, but parts are also important. -Kai Electric Guitar Project Komu's "Patzukuri" is all about Takashi and Kimi's guitar player.

1. The switches and wiring.

Double coil pickup cable have less noise, but it is not good if noise appears in the switch wiring part. Tokai's guitar has nothing like this.

(arrows to diagram)
* Shields the entire Togresuisui thousand with a metal case to shut out external noise.
* A newly designed print board is used for the controller.

By doing this, the electrical reliability is greatly improved !!
In addition, the wood inside the controller is coated with conductive paint, and the backing base is covered with all genus haku.
All three mochi models are the same. If you do this much, you can get a complete shield effect and eliminate any troubles with Vetch 7.

2. Pickups.

"The life of an electric guitar is in the pickup," guitar players often say. Do you mean this in 3 years? Let me tell you the truth. This means that the combination with the body is a big cut. No matter how wonderful P.U is mounted on a sloppy body, P.U's power cannot be fully demonstrated. Let's explain in an easy-to-understand manner to P.U mounted on LS and LC Gillies.

● A type Uses the same material that was mounted. You can promise 100% of old-fashioned sound. (This is a new fighting DP.U.)
● B type ... This 1st is a PU that has been ranked on the highest line in other places. This is listed in the 50,000 yen range. Easily enjoy the good distortion sound.
● Ofun type ° ham bar carts pep This P.U is truly high quality and perfect. For the coil wire, use the '58 Les Paul with ○ oooO e

(text with diagram)

★ A Thai 7 Cold
★ A type chrome
★ B type chrome
★ Open type

3. Pegs.

This is the result of Project Maugham's sweat and effort. Please listen carefully, why did you not adopt that Rotomatic peg …………? The answer is simple, because the weight of the Rotomatic pegs smashes all the raw sounds, the bass, bass, etc. are quickly reduced and this is not music. The cause is heavy (In0 ghead is the most string phase) It's a real story that swallows the movement, but it's just like a peg. Besides, the design isn't bad, and it's stuck on the back of the head. 2. Here and there, the 7 ° project team , I just tried to improve that Kluson type a peg. Kluson's original one had a little problem with accuracy, but Tokai Kluson type and Gu are high performance pegs with double-threaded screws, and they are sticky. 3 or tough. You can enjoy the best peg-had feel link.

4. Bridge.

★ 7 Ji is the same as 58 Thailand 7 °, not to mention the material calculation of Shinryu Bridge.

Naturally, the bolts that connect the body use the direct stud method, and the string vibration is transmitted accurately and unrivaled. The tailpiece was made of die-cast aluminum, and the 58 type was the same. Also, the research letter is different from the current one, and the center's cloth 5 stands a little behind, so please pay close attention to it.

(diagram of bridges)

★ LS, LC series
★ Other manufacturers

5. Excellent woodworking technology.

Perfect fretting
* Fret is the same as the old 27 / m Height 09 / m (standard), Custom is bamboo 24 troubled 7m, Akungon, Chokink dressing best
* Fret edge is over binding (LS-50, 60) and fret edge binding "(LS-80L and above)
Both are great finishes, but fret edge bindings are Gibson-like.

(fret diagrams)
Cross section of the neck.
* Over binding
* Fret edge binding

● Neck material …… mahogany for all models, of course, one piece. This is a matter of course for a copy of original. Sufficiently responds to high-techniques (at the nut, 43m, 127 let is 52.5% m)
● The coolness and function of the head stock
● The head is not the face of a guitar.
The machine is a Kluson type and the knob is made of plastic.
* The one with REBORN in this is a Les Paul model or reborn. "

6. Case.

The case for the LS and LC series was created with the idea of ​​making it the first "first" to protect the sport completely and the second cool-in. The body is completely put on so that it does not rattle inside the case. Especially for the neck holder, after her husband is Ali Ali, look closely. The overall style is the same as the Old Gibson, whether it's horizontal or vertical, it's okay, even on a crowded train.

★ LP-100 ¥ 10,000
★ LP-I20 ¥ 12,000

LS and LC series 2 will be in this case as soon as they are finished products. Les Paul is the best match for this case in many ways, and of course you can't just love the guitar. Suba. 5 A special case is essential for a sophisticated guitar. With this case, you're already in the darkness of a NOW guitar player.

(diagram, pointing to handle)
* Use cows, especially those that are particularly long. I'll have it.

7.Specification Chart

(in box above specs on lower right)
For the ST series ('54 Stratocaster), PB series "('57 Precision Base Model), and other color pi, Electric Guitar Manual Vol.1 is the most popular.

LS Series
LS-50:
Price: (body/case/total) 50,000/10,000/60,000.
Colors: CS.BS.GT.BB
Neck: 1 piece 14 degree
Pegs: Tokai Kluson Type Peg Structure Fat Tsutsu 2 Mi
Nut: Beef bone
Top: Maple
Body: Mahogany veneer
Pickups: B Type
Finish: Polyurethane

LS-60:
Price: (body/case/total)60,000/10,000/70,000.
Colors: CS.BS
Neck: 1 piece 14 degree
Top: Maple
Body: Mahogany veneer
Pickups: B Type
Finish: Polyurethane

LS-80:
Price: (body/case/total)80,000/12,000/92,000.
Colors: OS.BS.GT.BB
Neck: 1 piece 18 degree
Top: Maple 2 piece
Back: Mahogany 1 piece
Pickups: A Type
Finish: Lacquer

LS-100:
Price: (body/case/total)100,000/12,000/112,000.
Colors: OS.BS
Top: Maple 2 piece
Back: Mahogany 1 piece
Pickups: PAF

LC Series

LC-100:
Price: (body/case/total) 100,000/12,000/112,000.
Colors: WR.BB
Pegs: Kluson
Top: Mahogany veneer*
Back: Mahogany veneer*
*Note: "Veneer" seems to mean solid and is apparently a different use of the term or an issue of translation.
Pickups: A Type gold

★ Creators of Cat's Eye Guitar, Tokai Banjo ...
Tokai Keiki Co., Ltd. Manufacturing Headquarters
Chubu Sales Office 36ph, 0534-41-3137
Sales Office, Terawaki-cho, Hamamatsu-shi,
Osaka 03-563-2451,
Osaka 06-385-0913・
Fukuoka 092-511 -6263-
Sapporo 011-723-0309

I can't find a date anywhere on this foldout. Anyone have an idea? 1978 or 1979?

Latest posts

Back