Spaghetti Logo

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sigmania

Staff member
Reaction score
QXK0AAc.jpg

I'm trying to sort out the evolution of the spaghetti logo with the Tokai brand on its own guitars.

From my understanding, Tokai built Strat type guitars for Fernandes beginning in 1975/76/77?

In the mid 70s Fernandes used a spaghetti logo on its Fender type guitars. I have to think that the choice of the name "Fernandes" was specifically chosen because it looks like the word "Fender", especially when using the spaghetti font.

A7oAeKg.jpg

And then at some point in here Tokai started making Fernandes guitars.

Then by 1978 the Fernandes logo changed to the very non Fender looking "Stone" logo while at the same time Tokai started putting their own name on their guitars and used... you guessed it, the spaghetti logo.

6wJJ1z5.jpg

I wonder if there were any Fernandes guitars made by Tokai that had the spaghetti logo?

Knowing that would tell us something about Tokaii and its positioning of its brand.

Also note that the spaghetti logo was dropped in late 1982 follwing a lawsuit with Fender in the UK. Tokai would never use the spaghetti logo again...

Last edited:
I find it interesting that in the 1979 foldout catalogs they basically tell buyers how to remove the spaghetti logo decals... 8)

Translation probably a little off, but not by much.

★ Like the old one, the name is on top of the paint. If you scratch it strongly with the claws, it will come off. If you make good use of this, it's funny ????

p5nLnXS.jpg

And:

★ Like the old one, (decal) is pasted on top of the finish. If you scratch it strongly with your nail, it will come off. If you use this well, you will be shiroi ????

C0CCfvs.jpg

Back