TE200R All Rosewood Breezy

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sigmania

Staff member
Reaction score
Just wanting to collect pics of the TE200 RR, not to be confused with the dark stained 1983/84 TTE60 RR.

Seems to be a rare bird.

“1969 Model”

Here is a 1981.

dzzaooH.jpg

hdTQgjB.jpg

vBf8N9t.jpg

dWxOjp4.jpg

5zwWGH0.jpg

6FYH7r6.jpg

平野楽器 JAPAN VINTAGE GUITAR SHOP

Last edited:
Spring 1982 catalog

qEUtZ4U.jpg

1969 MODEL TE200-RR ¥ 198.000 GUITAR ¥ 180,000 VINTAGE HARD CASE ¥ 18000 Super Edition Guitar TE200 ・ RR. Tokai is the perfect replica of the slightly limited edition Rosewood Tele in 1969 and 1971, ahead of the rest of the world. The completely solid rosewood body is a 3-ply body construction with a maple sandwiched in the center. The neck is also a rosewood with maple back stripe, and the maple points of the head stock are only original and Tokai. The sound produced by the perfect hardware by Rosewood Connection is a masterpiece. A great guitar that keeps the name "KING OF THE GUITAR".

Hi guys,

Rule of thumb with the TE-200 Rosewood Tele is all the inserts are yellow [ Skunk stripe, fret markers, teardrop, body slab ] as opposed to the TE-60RR which does not have the body slab and fret markers are silver.
Hope this helps.

Peter Mac

Thanks! Like a maple sandwich. :lol:

ibJowCd.jpg

The completely solid rosewood body is a 3-ply body construction with maple sandwiched in the center. The neck is also a rosewood with maple back stripe, and the maple points of the head stock are only original and Tokai.

Tokai dealer local to me had a (new) rosewood Tele in recently. According to him, the one he had was basically, a standard Tele with rosewood veneers. I guess, with the CITES regs, it wouldn't be financially plausible for Tokai to do a solid rosewood Tele, anymore.

Sigmania said:
somebodyelseuk said:
Tokai dealer local to me had a (new) rosewood Tele in recently. According to him, the one he had was basically, a standard Tele with rosewood veneers. I guess, with the CITES regs, it wouldn't be financially plausible for Tokai to do a solid rosewood Tele, anymore.

Like this?

Yes, except his actually looked like the old Fender rosewood Tele that George Harrison made famous..

Latest posts

Back