Identifying a Silver Star with a 6 digit serial

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

related69

Reaction score
Hi all.

Thank you to be a part of this cool forum.

A found on an auction a Tokai Silver Star with probably an 6 digit serial (eventually there could missing the 7th digit).

T-SS.jpg

Is this a "1965/1965~1976 Model 6 digits on neck plates" Modell?
As it says on https://www.tokairegistry.com/tokai-info/tokai-fender.html

Then whould the year be 1968?

Is this guitar worth any further investigation.
What would you pay for it?

Thanks for your help
Greetings
Norbert

Hmmm. Do you have more pictures?

Not sure what you are asking about the neck plate?

So far that looks like a ‘76 style guitar with the bullet truss rod adjustment and assuming 3 bolt neck?

Looks a lot like the SS48 OW from this catalog shot, or something similar. Check tuners and bridge saddles.

And check to see if the serial number has been altered. Might have been stolen at some point.

Ttsvz2V.jpg

Thank you for the fast replys.
I asked now for some more photos.
Especially from the backside and the serial number.

You’re welcome. That should help.

Prices vary by region. Check sale prices in your area to figure out what it’s worth.

If the serial number were altered I would steer clear. Just my own personal view.

And from enlarging the blurry photo, it looks like the last digit may have been removed and a remnant of the number is still stuck on there?

Yeah, it's missing a digit like I guessed. Maybe a 2?

That makes me suspicious if that was done intentionally, although it could easily be wear based on the Tokai sticker.

As I said, these tend to sell in the $500-700 range in the US. Maybe less in that condition?

Check Reverb or eBay, or whatever you have in your area. See what your other options are.

BTW, the tuners and bridge saddles indicate that it is an SS3x or SS4x. Pickups will give you more info.

How much are they asking?

Looks like an Ibanez Roadstar case?

The auction is still running until Sunday.
There are now at least three biders.
Now the price is CHF 240.--
But i'm sure it will raise.

Latest posts

Back