Pickup covers

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FordFanJpn

Reaction score
I don't know where else to put this, but I'm wondering if any of you guys have ever been able to find pickup covers for the old "Goto" pickups (from '79 in my case). Standard pickup spacing seems to be 49.2mm, but I'm measuring 47.8 on my pickups. Does this mean that it's just not possible to find covers that will fit these pickups?

Humbuckers, single coil? Which guitar

Single coil in 48mm is usual.

Haven't found that spacing before. Double check the measurement and also look at the actual string spacing. Matching them is better but as long as the strings are inside of the poles, all is ok. If you keep the pups, buy a blank cover and have holes punched in to match.

mdvineng said:
Humbuckers, single coil? Which guitar

Single coil in 48mm is usual.

Haven't found that spacing before. Double check the measurement and also look at the actual string spacing. Matching them is better but as long as the strings are inside of the poles, all is ok. If you keep the pups, buy a blank cover and have holes punched in to match.

Humbuckers in an LS80. I just checked again (kind of hard to be precise with the stings on) and it could be 48. It's definitely not 49.2 which seems to be the standard for humbuckers.

I'd go with 48.

https://www.mooloolabamusic.com.au/dimarzio-dm18-pickup-cover-humbucker-nickel-48mm-p

Back