LS152 JS BB?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crawfy99

Reaction score
Hi
I'm pleased to have bought my first Tokai today which apparently is an LS152 JS BB. However there is no official documentation with it so I am appealing to your expert knowledge to try and confirm this. The serial number is indented on the back of the headstock and starts with 402xxxx so I am assuming that it's a 1984 model. I’m not sure of the timeline, does that make it an Old Reborn or a Love Rocks?
It’s obviously black with a Pearl inlay on the headstock, a brass nut and a mirrored pick guard. Does anyone have any more information about the LS152 JS BB that may help me to confirm the identity is correct? I'd be happy to post an image, if only I could work out how :x
Thanks
Andy

Going to need lots of detailed pictures if you want help. Are you sure it's JS, usually just S or V?

Thanks for the quick reply. I’m more than happy to share photos. However, I can’t seem to be able to attach / upload files to the thread. Am I missing something?

I’ve just reread the receipt after looking at your response and realised that I got the model name slightly wrong (I missed an ‘s’). It states that it’s a LS152S-JS BB

Crawfy99 said:
Thanks for the quick reply. I’m more than happy to share photos. However, I can’t seem to be able to attach / upload files to the thread. Am I missing something?

Use an image hosting site. I use imagebb on my pc.

Crawfy99 said:

Use an image hosting site. I use imagebb on my pc.

Thanks for the tip. I've uploaded the images to imagebb. Hopefully these are accessible? What do you think? Can anyone confirm the model or know any history about these? I'm keen to learn as much as I can.
D47684-E7-7932-43-A0-BF0-B-47-CF88-E7-E9-DE-1-105-c.jpg

IMG-2214.jpg

IMG-2213.jpg

IMG-2215.jpg

IMG-2216.jpg

IMG-2217.jpg

IMG-2220.jpg

IMG-2218.jpg

You have to paste the image link here. Often called a BB code

Images loaded OK except for the most important. Rear of headstock and pickup cavities. No rush, it's a difficult thing to be accurate with Tokai guitars as they don't carry exacting model info.

It's in this cat on page 7. TLS 150 JS BB. The extra 2 for 152 could of been adding something specific on request.
https://www.vintagejapanguitars.com.br/en/tokai-1985-catalogue-2/ still don't know what the JS refers to, or is it a particular musician?

By the way, where are you getting the 152 from?

Those were made as LC60s as well I believe.

When you bought it did someone say that’s what it was? Any sort of paperwork?

I ask because it has the PCB.

Unfortunately there was no paperwork with the guitar. The guitar was sold as an LS152S-JS BB but I have no idea why they thought that was the model number. I’ll ask them and report back.
Not sure what the link is with the PCB? Did these only exist in certain models?

Crawfy99 said:
I think I may have found it: https://www.mylespaul.com/threads/tokai-john-sykes.375607/. It looks identical to this one (from what I can see) and might therefore be a TLC65-JS BB. The JS stands for John Sykes. Anyone know any history of this model or would attempt to put a value on it?
It looks like the JS model adds the brass nut and the mirrored pick guard

That's the exact description in the cat page 7. So mystery solved.

Latest posts

Back