Confirm ID and advice on cosmetic repair please?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jahoola

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I bought this Breezysound nearly 30 years ago. The previous owner had scratched most of the logo off the headstock - presumably embarrassed that it wasn't a Fender :x

I've had a look on the Tokai Registry and judging by what's left of the logo and the shape of the headstock I think it's from 1984. Still, I'm wondering if any of you knowledgable folks on here can confirm/refute this or tell me anything else about it?

Also, any advice on repairing/replacing the logo would be gratefully received - see a local luthier or contact Tokai direct?

Thanks so much.

di-8DC5WW.jpeg

di-03T9RO.jpeg

di-PIF53I.jpeg

di-V2BJKH.jpeg

mdvineng said:
Looks good for 84. Decals can be found on Ebay etc

Just wanted to say thanks again for the tip about getting decals on ebay. The ones I bought were actually the wrong colour so I ended up making my own and hand colouring it with a metallic Sharpie!

Not 100% perfect but better than it was...

di-SU51PA.jpeg

Good that you used a Tokai logo mostly people replace them with a Fender logo and now wish they hadn't.
Did you use water slide paper

I have a great ElDegas Les Paul and I did the stupidest thing replaced it with a Gibson decal we live and learn.

bigbadjohn said:
Good that you used a Tokai logo mostly people replace them with a Fender logo and now wish they hadn't.
Did you use water slide paper

I have a great ElDegas Les Paul and I did the stupidest thing replaced it with a Gibson decal we live and learn.

Yeah, I used water slide paper. I basically followed this procedure (but obviously with the Tokai logo): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPGpSaOWa1M

I guess you could you change the El Degas LP back if you're in need of a little project?

Back