Gold Metallic Gallery

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sigmania

Staff member
Reaction score
Hoping to document some of the gold metallic (GM) Springys & Goldstars out there.

This was a "special" color in 1982, so the price should be 5,000 yen higher than similar model in standard colors.

mWmEzO8.jpg

Last edited:
What looks like possibly a 1981 ST75 GM (?) from the Spring 1982 catalog. Color seems different in the photo.

oi8GI2d.jpg

Sigmania said:
Block logo gold metallic.

I've seen 50-stickered block logos with what would nominally be a 5k-extra custom colour before (there is one in the block logo gallery thread, for instance), and they seem to be generally more common in custom finishes than earlier and later STs/TSTs. Could indicate that these export models were offered in a wider range of standard finishes than what was on offer in Japan and other markets?

Good point. Seems that over time more colors were available?

Good point! I had noticed the inconsistency, but had not noted that pattern. I'll keep a look out from now on.

Thanks for pointing that out!

70609cc50275f0c6239a44d93cb49cca.jpg

Last edited:
I've seen 50-stickered block logos with what would nominally be a 5k-extra custom colour before (there is one in the block logo gallery thread, for instance), and they seem to be generally more common in custom finishes than earlier and later STs/TSTs. Could indicate that these export models were offered in a wider range of standard finishes than what was on offer in Japan and other markets?
Hi ,That's my block logo Goldie

Hi sigmania,
It's been a long time.
It's great to see the forum still going and as popular as ever and reinvented.
It kinda disappeared for a good few years .
Here's me with my block Goldie circa 1985/86.

Attachments

• DSC_0753.JPG
    DSC_0753.JPG
    245 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back