Volume Pots For My 1981 LS100S Love Rock

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sigmania said:
Interesting. I did not realize the paint was conductive. What is the purpose of it?

Shielding, just like copper foil but way easier to apply. Keeps interference down from outside sources of EMF.

Thanks for that info!

Still striking out on the NOBLE pots.

mdvineng, I did try the NOBLE link you shared, but couldn't find a similar pot. Maybe I missed something?

I also looked for ALPS, and no luck.

Can you guys send me a link for appropriate pots that would work? I am basically just finding generic pots shipped from China that seem to match.

Also, some have a small loop at the end of the bent leads and some have a point. Not sure what the originals have since they are soldered, but guessing the small loops?

Thanks!

The noble link will require you to contact them to see if they have anything or alternatives. I'll see what else I can find.

Plenty of choice on Amazon but you need to measure the bush size (threaded part) for diameter and height, also the spindle length, diameter and whether the knob fits on splines or split shaft. Japanese tend to have 6mm spindles where American guitars use 1/4inch. Splines come in 18 or 24 flavours mostly and I think all current audio tapers are now 15% as opposed to earlier versions being 30%. So it should be easy to find the correct one.

An Ebay search. "A500k potentiometer" brings up some good quality items in a host of dimensions .

Thought pics of where the shaft sheered off might be helpful.

The separation was way down in the bottom of the pot.

I hadn't seen this before. Wonder if it got whacked at some point?

Or maybe the fitting was just pressed together? I don't see remnants of a weld or glue.

5yP9roX.jpg

6bHb6ap.jpg

The wiper arm would placed on the end and then swaged over and that is what you have, only this one is a bit off and failed eventually.

Also, any suggestions for knobs? I noticed one of my other old Love Rocks has cracks in the knobs. I believe it has the same Noble pots?

Thanks!

JmdlEcX.jpg

d0gmBHM.jpg

SelKNPQ.jpg

I think I may have found the pots I was after thanks to another member on here. Thanks! 8)

Love this forum!

8m56nCo.jpg

8hbr5Lj.jpg

GfPjXJB.jpg

Looks like I suddenly have a bad volume pot on my 1981 LS100S. It started getting sticky the past couple days and now the shaft just extended. Something has obviously come loose inside it, and I am going to need to replace it.

Suggestions? What volume pots did these use?

hEemrTI.jpg

bKvUHFI.jpg
I would switch out everything but the pickups with a kit like this wired 50's style. It made a huge difference on my LS-60. Save all the old stuff for future sell. Some buyers want it.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/202689720407?hash=item2f313fb057:g:bpkAAOSw2PVfznor

Thanks but think I’ll keep it all original. That guitar sounds amazing.

Latest posts

Back