1 Screw Truss Rod Covers

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sigmania

Staff member
Reaction score
I have seen a few of what seem to be legit Korean Tokais with 1 screw truss rod covers.

And of course the "Make In Korea" apparently fake Tokais...

Starting to think maybe the "Make In Korea" guitars were indeed made in Korea, but just out the side door sort of thing as mdvineng suggested.

"A" serial number

Made In Korea

65Wdyyu.png

WMETe5v.png

F0LlQTc.png

hpc8Ah2.png

https://reverb.com/item/29759896-tokai-sg-made-in-korea

Wondering if the "Make In Korea" guitars were an off the books, unauthorized order from a factory that had been making legit Tokais in Korea in 2001?

The make in Korea stuff was ordered by a legit Canadian distributor but completely unauthorized by the parent company.

I've seen some genuine one screw Korean models, notably some of the early 00s relics sold in the UK.

So do you think the 1 screw TRC is a pretty good indication that the Make In Korea guitars were actually made in Korea and are not Chinese guitars masquerading as Korean guitars?

That’s never been cleared up in my opinion.

Sigmania said:
[
Any links for those? I found the Retrospec LS70s you were talking about a while back but they had a bell shaped TRC.

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3604&start=15

There were at least two batches of 12 made, possibly as many as 3 or 4, and each batch was slightly different. I played one in person which had a single screw TRC, despite being made in Japan!

It was a long time ago but I'm sure the other 1-screw models I've seen were pre-China.

So there's a link between the 1 screw TRC and 2005 most likely.

And in turn potentially with Korea.

I have yet to find a guitar that is definitively Chinese from 2005.

2006 the FC06 serial numbers are good candidates, but still not conclusive as far as I know.

2008 is the first time I see definitive evidence that LPs were made in China with the CH08 serail numbers with accompanying "Made In China" stickers.

Latest posts

Back