Need help identifying this Tokai acoustic

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackreed0504

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I grabbed this Tokai acoustic, but I can't seem to find any information on it anywhere. Shop listed it as "c2000s Tokai T-37 ‘OM Martin Style’ Acoustic Guitar (Black, Made in Japan, Left Handed)".

Heres the site: https://echotone.com.au/products/c2000s-tokai-t-37-om-martin-style-acoustic-guitar-black-made-in-japan-left-handed

Inside the guitar is written: Style: T-37T/L BB, Number: 060010

Any help would be greatly appreciated :D :D

I don’t know much of anything about these, but will offer what I do know and can guess.

Most Tokai acoustics are in either the Cat's Eyes or Hummingbird lines of guitars with related model numbers beginning with a C or H. This is apparently neither and just branded Tokai with the script for their Gibson style guitars.

Model as seller states is similar to a Martin OM body.

Seller is saying the guitar is circa 2000s. Possibly 2006 with that serial number, but this is a six digit number which is different than Tokai electric guitars.

I get concerned when I see paint on an acoustic. Unless you are Johnny Cash that usually means they are hiding lower quality woods and possibly a laminated top?

As with other Tokais, the numbers are an indication of price. So a T37 should mean the retail price was 37,000 yen.

Hope that is helpful.

t5Y9oRT.png

nH9inXX.png

6ad2hEs.png

MIZXI0i.png

Latest posts

Back