Tokai ATE numbers

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaGuide

Reaction score
Hi there, I'm new on this forum, 45 year old from the Netherlands, playing guitar and bass for over 25 years now en bought my first Tokai!
I love telecasters and Tokai makes great telecasters but I'm totally confused about the type numbers. I got myself an ATE162MV according the certificate it came with but online there is hardly to find any good info on types and specification? Is there any list available with type numbers and their specifications? Guess the same goes for other Tokai guitars, hope someone can help me out here as I will be looking for more Tokai Telecasters, thanks!

Just did a quick search on line.

Here’s a list of specs:

DESCRIPTION

MODEL ATE162MV
BODY Light Ash Three Pieces
NECK Canadian Maple One Piece
NECK Profile U shape / 22F / R240
Scale 647.70mm
FRETS Sanko SBB-214(Medium Size) Made in Japan
NUT Cow Bone(Width:42.0mm)
FINGERBOARD Indian Rosewood or Canadian Maple
MACHINE HEADS Gotoh SD91-05M Lx6
BRIDGE Maverick Super-Vee Made in USA
PICKUPS [Tokai Original]F:KTL-2 / R:KTL-4 *Magnet:Alnico 5
CONTROLS 1V, 1T,3way-SW
STRINGS GHS 09-42
FINISH Poly Finish
COLOR VNT(Vintage Natural)
PRODUCTION Made in Japan

https://www.nafiriguitar.com/produc...r-vee-tremolo-in-vintage-natural#.YsF83RYpAWM

myRjJC4.png

And the Tokai Japan web site:

https://tokaijapan.com/guitars/ate/

Specification

Model:ATE162MV
Body:Ash
Neck:Maple
Fingerboard:Rosewood
Bridge:Maverick Super-Vee
Pickups:F:KTL-2 / R:KTL-4
Controls:1V, 1T, 3way-SW
Colors:VNT(Vintage Natural) / WBL(White Blonde)

BCd3hW9.png

Thanks all, about the 162 I already found some info thank you! It is indeed a new one but already looking for more lol, so I was looking for a ATE 164, completely different guitar, three pickups, rosewood fretboard but hard to find anything on it and so there are more searching the web for this great guitars. I'm afraid there is no such thing as a database with all the ATE versions?

edit, wish I could easily upload a picture here, I am used to photobucket but that's old I guess lol

I am seeing some 164s on line for sale:

https://reverb.com/item/12691908-tokai-ate164mv-3s-owhr

Product Details

Tokai / ATE164MV-3S OWHR
Finish: white
Condition: Brand New
Pickups: passive
Pickup Configuration: SSS
Number of Frets: 22 frets
Neck Scale: Long
Weight: 3.71kg
Body Material: Alder
Fingerboard: Rosewood
Neck Joint: detachable bolt
Neck Material: Maple
Accessories: soft case, Warranty Card

And no database per se outside of catalogs.

Lots of threads on Tokai Breezys/Teles, but these newer ones are not as widely discussed.

So the 164 costs 2,000 yen (roughly $15) more than the 162.

Looks like the 164 has less expensive wood (painted alder), but has an added pickup for the price difference?

Btw, Tokai was sold this year. I noticed there have not been any new catalogs in a few years. I would guess that a new catalog would be on the horizon once things settle with the new ownership?

Thank you all for your replies!

Here's my new guitar:
sVJmIi9.jpg

It's truly amazing and the picture doesn't really do justice to it.
I guess I keep puzzling about the type numbers but there's some amazing knowledge here so I know where to go, thanks again all!!

Nice. Looks like you got the blonde finish. Congrats again.

Latest posts

Back