Help with identifying Tokai Strat with no serial?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonzalez

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I bought today this nice Tokai BLAZING FIRE Stratocaster, but I can't find any information about this model. So it would be nice to get some help with identifying this nice Strat-copy. When was this guitar made and where?

kfWQop2.jpg

Guitar has no serial number and no label about the country of manufacture. Only information I could found was the "10-1" text hided on the neck pocket end of the neck and "MADE IN JAPAN" text on the potentiometers.

5yVlg37.jpg

For me this one seems to be some kind of vintage style copy of 1960's Stratocaster with 8 holes pickguard and 7.25 neck radius with maple neck + rosewood fretboard.

PptGZkj.jpg

The previous owner had bought this guitar as slighly used more than 10 years ago and at least last ten years it has been staying mostly on the guitar bag with no regular use. White pickup covers have already turned their color slightly yellowish. The frets are almost like new and it looks and plays nicely. Pickups are quite vintage sounding with nice Strat tone.

FygCjPt.jpg

I found some Internet forum discussions that this could be one of those Tokai Stratocaster and Telecaster copies, which were on the batch that Finnish (Finland) company Musamaailma ordered from Tokai Factory sometimes on the late 1990's. But this all is just hearsay, so could anyone confirm this information?

OhzZyw4.jpg

Under the "BLAZING FIRE" text there is also a smaller text: THE NEW LEGEND OF THE GUITAR HISTORY".

kfQGR1Q.jpg

Could anyone shed any more light on this strange Tokai guitar? Thanks in advance for any information!

JcMUL8P.jpg

-jonzalez-

Wow.... Older post, but just noticed no one responded.

This guitar is VERY unusual.

"Blazing Fire" is a Talbo model and that's a Talbo decal but this is obviously not a Talbo.

Truss rod adjustment was moved to the headstock on some AST models by 2009.

Rosewood slab board.

Made in Japan it seems.

Is there a serial number or "Made In Japan" stamp on the neck heel?

Any pics of the lower neck, neck pocket, or a pic of the pickup compartments without the pickguard blocking it?

If so, could you please post, they may hold clues.

Last edited:
Back