MIC Tokai Tuner Replacement Size

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

subway to venus

Reaction score
Dear all,

I own a Chinese Tokai Les Paul Special (yellow with two P90 pickups), that I bough in 2020, with "Limited Edition" written on the headstock.
I love the sound but I have had tuning issues since the beginning. I took it to a tech for a set up, which improved things a bit, but I still have to tune the guitar quite often, in fact almost after every song I play on stage.

I would like to upgrade the tuners of the guitar, but I am not sure which ones will fit the dimension of the existing holes. Does anyone of you know what brand I should look for?

Thank you for your help :)

Any 8mm-shaft Kluson type tuner will fit, Gotoh tuners are pretty much as good as it gets and are standard on Japanese Tokais. But if you're having tuning issues it's probably not a problem with the tuners themselves.

The most likely culprits are the nut or (please don't take this personally) your restringing technique.

Thank you for your reply. The guitar was set up by a professional tech. But I indeed tried putting some lube on the nut and bridge, and it is much better now ! By the way if you have a reference for a good restringing technique, I will be happy to check it out :)

Search online for "luthiers knot". Using this method you only need 1-2 full windings around the post because the strings are locked in solid, almost as well as a locking tuner.

Latest posts

Back