Can anyone help identify this breezysound Union Jack please ?!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boroota7

Reaction score
Can anyone help identify this breezysound Union Jack please ?!

I wonder about the country of manufacture.

In your opinion, is it an original instrument or a fake?

I am concerned about the breastbone and the head

The seller wrote that the guitar was produced in 2010.

Serial number: C105529

I’ve not seen another one quite like it and I just wondered if anyone knew much about what model it is and a what is its value ??

https://imgur.com/a/0RxyrZX

evzMvNM.jpg

u4bh9Go.jpg

KQsDJVF.jpg

DMjc8f0.jpg

7NoCcLB.jpg

I don't know anything about these, but the C+six digit serial number seems to be a Chinese serial number. Possibly 2010?

Note: Not sure that this would be a TTE70 if it is made in China. The Chinese models were typically less expensive.

Also anything with a bolt neck runs a risk of having switched parts.

The Japanese ones had codes that matched necks and bodies. I don’t think the Chinese ones did.

This could even be a Japanese body with a replaced Chinese neck? Not sure how you would know. A Japanese body might have a code. If this body does then it could be a Partscaster. Need more pics.

Chinese, UK requested spec direct to Chinese factory. Under license or not.

https://www.vintagejapanguitars.com.br/en/tokai-2011-2012-uk-shop-catalogue/ page9

So if it’s MIC is it likely a TTE70 or is the guitar in the catalog MIJ?

Similar to the one in the catalog, but not exactly the same. Look at the headstock and the truss rod adjustment. Different. This one has a hole, the catalog one doesn’t.

The MIC one should cost less in my opinion.

So the OP was wondering if it was fake. What’s your take on what the MIC guitars are?

Here's my take on Caralogues.
Many years ago I was restoring a Norton 99 model 1959 for a friend. Lots of missing parts etc, due diligence on research catalogues etc Including viewing other examples and owners. I found many discrepancies that were off catalogue spec, one bike was still in the hands of the original owner that claimed external parts have not been changed. One day I met with a guy that used to work at Norton's factory, so I asked him about the anomalies. His reply was simple "if we still had bits left over from previous years, we used them up on this years model and if we were short of bits and next years bits had arrived, we used those" So in essence a 59 Norton could be sent out with a mix of 58 59 60 parts depending on the time of year. Catalogues are only a guide and not anything like as accurate as some people like them to be, to use them as a final judgement.

The OP guitar looks good enough to me to be Chinese. The serial number decal I've seen on many from China. Some factories also put a CE compliance sticker on too but owners tend to peel them off, also some remove the serial number to hide its Chinese origins.

They are made under license in a few factories, so changes are to be expected not forgetting the backdoor jobbies.
I understand that around that time models went up to 72 in a few cases but mostly 42<62.

That's my understanding so far.

Thanks for that explanation. That helps, especially re: Chinese mfg.

Tokai catalog shot:

KaAnxKE.png

Completely different shape and construction...

It's a Chinese knockoff whether sanctioned or not. Not the same spec as the Japanese version obviously.

Bottom line is no telling what you are getting with that Chinese one.

Construction and materials are likely different than the catalog (i.e. probably not swamp ash body, etc.).

Latest posts

Back