Korean LS-136 Custom? Date and value?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyKa

Reaction score
Hello!

Im new to the Tokai World.
Someone wants to sell this white beauty.
But we both do not know anything about this Guitar and its value.

For me, it looks like a Custom LS-136 White.
But the serial seems to be from Korea (?).
But I didnt found a Korean Tokai with this look and Headstock design.

Anyone here that can tell me more about this Guitar?
Where was it made?
When was it built?
Whats its value?

Thanks!

Made in China.

LC not LS.

Date may be 2008?

The Chinese builds were the less expensive models like LC56 or 62.

35c60Sh.png

nxkRAlW.png

Thanks!

I read that MIC would always have two letter infront of the digits. But here i Read C###### with only one letter in front of 6 digits.I read that this would refer to Korea. So this information is not correct?

Also on pictures the made in China ones have other serial position and other truss rod cover. But this might difer with the years (?).

BobbyKa said:
I read that MIC would always have two letter infront of the digits. But here i Read C###### with only one letter in front of 6 digits.I read that this would refer to Korea. So this information is not correct?

Where did you see that?

BobbyKa said:

Only MIC have letters at the front. Korean serial numbers were just numbers.

BobbyKa said:
Also on pictures the made in China ones have other serial position and other truss rod cover. But this might difer with the years (?).

It looks like a normal Chinese guitar to me. Made in 2008, Tokai were no longer using Korean factories in that year.

Sigmania said:
BobbyKa said:

Where did you see that?

Part of it i read here:
https://www.tokairegistry.com/tokai-info/tokai-gibson.html

"Korean Serial Numbers's
Current Made In Korea (MIK) models have serial numbers that start with a letter (A, B, C, etc)"

Interesting. That was posted 12 years ago. Not sure if that holds up. Will see what others say.

Interesting. That was posted 12 years ago. Not sure if that holds up. Will see what others say.

Back