Translation & Translators

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sigmania

Staff member
Reaction score
Wondering who is interested in trying to systematically translate Tokai (and related like Cat’s Eye) catalogs and other documents?

Also, anyone have suggestions on best ways to translate words within images?

Thanks in advance!

8) in the end if you need my help then ask me here. its ofcourse okay with me so anything i can translate i try! you are very welcome mr.sigmania!

Particularly the sections that are handwritten. Those are giving me fits but lots and lots of good information.

Some words were difficult to translate in the Spring 1982 catalog with Google Translate.

Here are some that came up more than once and were obviously not correct.

tsufumi=?

Moshi=?

Rika=?

wall=?

Ordo=original

swords=?

LS Seeds=? (Love Rock section)

Tramoku standard=? (Love Rock section)

Swipe4=switch

mosquitos=?

closhan/croshan head=? *Not Kluson, refers to head shape. (Tele & Silver Star section)

Iclas=? (Silver Star section)

Drucker finish=? (Bass section)

sloppy=? (Love Rock section)

maiden pattern=? (maple laminate necks)

fluffy maple=?

And almost all of the notes for the ST small pictures were off.

AKkYVBv.jpg

-‘64 Rare Model (ST70) Headquarters Hatsuneba. It is a Maple neck with a maiden pattern that is also used by Japanese Soon guitarist MT.

TjCsr6F.jpg

-The old model is perfect H for cloth removal, and it is 70 Rika. It's good to see the changing traditions and moss through the talker.

All of the handwritten notes were hard to translate, especially the Love Rock, LS section.

90GZcNV.jpg

Examples:

●Headstock & Peg: Elegant is the name of the "Love Rock" model in the small headstock of Holdtak. I can't find a beautiful woman no matter where I look. Besides, the single knurl (1 hump) Kluson type peg is the joy of the open book. There is no shibu allowance for the resin-based Tsu 2mi in the bush type. Also, the Kluson peg has been researched on the bottom, and the upgraded release has completed a high-precision peg with a double-threaded screw without rattling. Look at the front and back of the head stock for 5 minutes! More and more, I'm producing 70D a good-looking face that just gardens the preking. The easy-going personality and taste of Original Standard are brilliantly re-examined. It is the birth of Love Rock Model, which is apt to be called Evergreen.

● Arch Top: Well, after the explanation of Boy, the completeness of the electric guitar has increased at once to the A4 top. Have you noticed anything when you saw the old standard of 7 or the Ah 4 Dodoa of Tokai LS Seeds? So, if you pay close attention to the fact that the paint is a-4 do top, it should be 2 flat around the bridge * tailpiece from the mount defense of the pickup. Many people have noticed that it is emitted, but it is also because of this that the arched top-like form appears and disappears due to the mutual shooting of light. The model that is a rare Rika on the wall with the original is Maki to Tokai. It seems easy to divide it well. You should be able to understand it immediately because the part of the mounting ring (escutcheon) is 7 rats.

HAMAMATSU said:
8) in the end if you need my help then ask me here. its ofcourse okay with me so anything i can translate i try! you are very welcome mr.sigmania!

Thanks Hamamatsu, if you can help with any of that I would be very grateful.

Romania could mean Carpatos mountains East Europe located, which have some great spruce trees growing at high altitude with cold (German spruce species similar to), the same as Alpine spruce (European spruce) or Balcans mountains which are close. JUst remember Tokai use sycamore wood too ( another european wood) https://www.wood-database.com/sycamore-maple/

http://guitarra.artepulsado.com/foros/archive/index.php/t-9215.html

Hmmmm. You may be onto something. The backs and sides on those three are Jacaranda (CE 2000 & 1500) and Rosewood (CE1200). So it's not a reference to the body wood. Might be the spruce top? Is that a high grade of spruce?

Thanks HAMAMATSU! I added that note to the description of that catalog at the top of the translation:

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=26129.

I could really use your help in translating the big sections of handwritten text from the Spring 1982 catalog. I have tried to translate all of it, but now need to go back and fix all of the errors, and there are a lot.

At this point I would love it if you could read through the translation and tell me where the errors are so I can fix them starting with the Love Rocks, then slowly work through the other models.

Here is what I have for the Love Rock section:

Sigmania said:
90GZcNV.jpg

Translation is not so great. Will keep working at it. Let me know if you figure some of this out. 8)

Thank You For Awaiting The Original TOKAI Signature Specs.

LS Love Rock Series: The perfect neck and body structure has already surpassed the original ... and has begun to be whispered.

●Headstock & Peg: Elegant is the name of the "Love Rock" model in the small headstock of Holdtak. I can't find a beautiful woman no matter where I look. Besides, the single knurl (1 hump) Kluson type peg is the joy of the open book. There is no shibu allowance for the resin-based Tsu 2mi in the bush type. Also, the Kluson peg has been researched on the bottom, and the upgraded release has completed a high-precision peg with a double-threaded screw without rattling. Look at the front and back of the head stock for 5 minutes! More and more, I'm producing 70D a good-looking face that just gardens the preking. The easy-going personality and taste of Original Standard are brilliantly re-examined. It is the birth of Love Rock Model, which is apt to be called Evergreen.

● Neck & Head Angle: Mahogany 1-piece neck that is quite familiar now. It goes without saying that it was adopted for the first time in Japan. If you're an old model, this is a thing of the past. (In Tokai, it is used for all models U except the LS50, which is a cost 7-month model.) This piece neck made by Tokai's poetry, the castle-like craft 7-k, has a sound transmission and is against the solidified screw. It is No. 1 in the world ranking in terms of attention and feeling. 29 ips are used for non-neck head angles. 2 of LS50.60 has a 14 ° head angle for Dell, and for all LS70 and above (8 ° o ^ d angle is adopted, this or Dmangle, Traditional model is ridiculous! It's 18! It's a dispute, but in Tokai '58 model, 1960 wall model, if you are interested in 18 decisions, please do stone research yourself.

● Fingerboard & Fretting: also has outstanding wood technique and craftsmanship. All kinds of rosewood are used for the finger board, and the position mark, inlay and etching are all safe. The frets are the same as the old ones, 2.7mm wide and 0.9mm high. Fingering and choking can be done smoothly. Fret edging is (1) wood (LS 50-60-70) and (2) fret edge binding (LS80 and above) . The finish is excellent. By the way, the neck and the product are designed to be 43mm at the nut, and 52.5mm at the 12th fret, and both are very tight. It is a super neck specification that perfectly responds to the professional guitarist needs who uses high tech.

● Body: Now, the elegant and puffy color of the AAAA top body is rough wax o To-MLS Shih Tzu Haku Vintage> <2 Tundard) Ku Special 703 Thailand 7 body construction. It is the body of the project team's own man who has analyzed, researched and developed the material of the wood rud standard. <Vintage model): The world's top musician gun. Even in the world *, it is adopted as a complete solid veneer 2-piece top without any curry 479, and the cross grain of the tiger strike life that is timely is a mess. Of course, the back is a mahogany single-purpose back (LS200V. 150V.120V), and the public model LS100V is a mahogany back body with 2 piece laminated with tiger stripe material. Guitar Freak, who lives in Japan, is really an awkward thing. Standard model>: 58 The original model, which is a mahogany back with a mahogany back and a mahogany back, which is exactly the same as the material of the stunted model. Especially for LS8O and above, all the backs are mahogany and the maple 2-piece top is a hi-grade specification. The response of this 2-mu-body area is good, and even at a low volume, the sound is chewy and the sound of the body is recreated. (Special model): It is called a loose mahogany stander, which has a top and a back made from a mahogany piece with a thread line that was made from 153 to 158. It features a loose light sound with a gingin sustain that cannot be tasted with maple. Rawallesin is also used for a long time and keeps a wonderful sound 2. There is no doubt that it will show its charm in Pull-2D7, Yazan Dock, and Hard Rock. It's about time for this model "One of a Kind" Entered the rear area 3.

● Arch Top: Well, after the explanation of Boy, the completeness of the electric guitar has increased at once to the A4 top. Have you noticed anything when you saw the old standard of 7 or the Ah 4 Dodoa of Tokai LS Seeds? So, if you pay close attention to the fact that the paint is a-4 do top, it should be 2 flat around the bridge * tailpiece from the mount defense of the pickup. Many people have noticed that it is emitted, but it is also because of this that the arched top-like form appears and disappears due to the mutual shooting of light. The model that is a rare Rika on the wall with the original is Maki to Tokai. It seems easy to divide it well. You should be able to understand it immediately because the part of the mounting ring (escutcheon) is 7 rats.

● Pickup: As I have explained so far, pickup will come if there is a perfect hardware bruise. And the Happiness body of the Re et al. Series demonstrates its true character as it is in the time of Pickup 7, and brings out 100% of its power. Even if you warrant an excellent pickup with a sloppy body, you can not get a perfect sound. Seven types of pickups are prepared for the 1st seeds, and each model demonstrates its power and brings out the magic of the 2nd guitar. The up of the new fighting pi is 3 ties 7 of LS Vintage> Ku LS Ventage MKI> <LS Dynamic) who wants to reproduce the PAF that year. B. It's a square window, and it's a zebra bobbin covered type, a zebra bobbin on type, and a double cream bobbin. And finally, in LS70, the single coil pickup also reproduces the sound of 56 years that was laid back in love. For LS100 and above, Magion PAF, the champion of the indigenous lore replacement big-up, is set in the song.

● Mounting ring: This is an annoying escutcheon. I dare to call it a mounting ring. I want you to confess not only the name but also the name. The store side of the mounting ring is flat, with no arched doppons. It's Shimei Omi earlier. It is also alive in the taste of Kagenini, the barfect replica of the wood rud standard. In particular, the height of the rear pickup is also much higher than the current Les Paul. The mounting ring of the same method as Ordo is completed without kissing the coil by hard fray even when the pickup is converted to 0 The LS Les Paul, which protects the wall, uses this counting ring for all inspections.

● Saucer knob & swipe 4) The LS series's demon charm is also the 3 that is completely left on the wall until it is presented to the details of the parts. I'm glad that it's all made with the same mama real as the old one. Gordo's top hat type, 3 saucer) promises speedy and reliable action, and swipe 4) is a case. Thorough analysis of Holdsob and originalization L Adopt the same extreme material. Aldler's bu, which made the time-sop for many years at once, was completed in a negative manner. Needless to say that it is the first love place in Japan, the deep Gud Feeling Sob deserves to be called the miracle of the rest of the world, which is unique to Tokai.

● VF for color / Vintage model. 3 colors of 65-C5, CS-BS-05-BB for standard model, and all gold (AG) of mar color. The special model is marked with 0R ON.GT and Y. I want you to set 2 with this sense and taste. All 2a rars are special finishes that reproduce the wooden rud color.

● Other than X / If you pay close attention, the L and others series, which are really traditional guitarist-like, have an old standard feeling, including the old cutaneish that really floats, the strap button, the pick guard, and the rice in the shape of a screw. Quality before Quantity a that shocks and flutters the guitarist who is just like a guitarist. .. Real garden ortho prize, mainly ... Analysis

HAMAMATSU said:

Thanks. Can you try to copy the translation above for the Love Rock section, correct my errors, then paste your corrected text here? That would really help a lot if people I think. Thanks!

HAMAMATSU, can you tell me what it says in this catalog about the ST120 in parentheses? Thanks for the help.

ZPBqseA.jpg

8) the debut with the new specs, the highest models, ST100 & 120 of the ST series. the new dimarzio VS-1 pickups are mounted for a long great sustain & the highest sound! the chosen alder body + 1 piece maple neck, the highest specs! (ST120 is a special order model with the flamed maple neck.)

HAMAMATSU said:
8) the debut with the new specs, the highest models, ST100 & 120 of the ST series. the new dimarzio VS-1 pickups are mounted for a long great sustain & the highest sound! the chosen alder body + 1 piece maple neck, the highest specs! (ST120 is a special order model with the flamed maple neck.)

The word(s) you are translating as flamed maple seem to translate as "Tramoku" in Google Translate.

GrtjhpU.png

8) toramoku means the tiger pattern grains. tora means tiger and moku means grains. so toramoku is a tiger pattern grain wood. the flamed maple usually.

Latest posts

Back