Educate me on Tokai guitars please...

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CarmeloLabadie

Reaction score
So I put an ad on Craiglist looking to trade my Mexi-Strat w/ Semyour Duncans for an Epi LP Standard or Custom, and this guy says he has a Tokai S-335 knockoff with a Bigbsy Trem on it. I might be interested because I'm really not that fond of my strat and am willing to try almost any guitar. My knowledge level of Tokai is literally nil. Can someone tell me a little bit about them. Are they comparable in quality to Epiphone? Anything else I should know about them?

The level of detail here is literally nil. We're going to need a lot more in order to help you. Some photos of the guitar in question would help.

I'm assuming this is a Chinese or Korean model since it's being traded as the equivalent of an Epiphone but there's just too little information here.

A Bigsby installed reduces the value of any guitar in my mind.

Does it look anything like this?

Note that it says "Made in Japan" on the back of the head stock and there is a paper label. Look for these to tell if it is MIJ.

Big difference in price and build between MIJ, MIC, and MIK.

https://reverb.com/item/30131424-to...apan-2018-red-semi-hollow-gibson-es-335-style

zRm9Mbp.jpg

Back