Tokai 335 no S/N no markings

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sammylee

Reaction score
Picked this up at my local shop and wondering if anyone has any info for me. I’m not an expert by any means, but usually don’t have issues figuring out when/where a guitar is a from. Any info greatly appreciated!

I’m assuming there’s no paper label inside?

Tokai Japan marked their guitars. I don’t know of any exceptions. That’s not to say that there weren’t any.

But my memory is that Tokais made in Korea often didn’t have serial numbers or markings.

Just putting that out there to consider.

Check the hardware and electrical components for markings.

3 screw truss rod cover and no serial says circa 2000 Korean model to me. Nice example with the open book headstock.

Not sure what more info you need? No markings, 3-screw TRC, scarf joint - there's a lot speaking for Korea as the country of origin, and if there's sticker with the serial visible through the f-hole your only way to find out when it was made is to pull the pots and check them for date codes. I'd save myself that effort though - the pots rarely have date codes.

Yep. What Homer said.

Sometimes with the Korean ones even though they don't have a serial number on the headstock, they have one on the label inside.

I don't think you ever answered if there is a paper label inside?

Latest posts

Back