Identifying Love Rock MIK or CH or MiJ

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Powderdaft

Reaction score
Hi all, i have a love rock, the seller said its MIK but it has the open book headstock and also 2 screws on the 'Standard' truss cover. Is he correct? Can you help identify where made and age?

Serial number is C090134. Id add photos but dont know how to

Thanks
Pete

I posted a link last night but says it needs to be checked by admin first so hopefully it will appear.
Thanks

Chinese. Someone replaced the original truss rod cover as well as the pickups by the look of it. The open book headstock is unusual and a nice feature to have especially on a Chinese made model.

Made in 2009. Black binding and quilt finish says it's a Tak Matsumoto model.

And just for laughs, get ready for this...

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=20459&p=161846

Paladin2019 said:
Chinese. Someone replaced the original truss rod cover as well as the pickups by the look of it. The open book headstock is unusual and a nice feature to have especially on a Chinese made model.

Made in 2009. Black binding and quilt finish says it's a Tak Matsumoto model.

And just for laughs, get ready for this...

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=20459&p=161846

Oh wow…… Small world!!!

Great job Paladin2019!

Powderdaft said:
Brilliant thanks chaps how much do you think its worth? Thanks

Are you thinking of buying it or are you selling it?

I don’t know much about Chinese Tokais. They made the lower end models, so the values are typically south of $1,000. Usually in the $500 range. But again, I don’t know much about the value on these.

And yes it’s Chinese. Paladin pretty much put that question to bed.

Good luck whatever your plans are.

It's rare, and it's a shame that it's been messed with, but these are curiosities rather than collectibles. £300 is a decent price, I'd buy it for that but I'd also ask for more info on the history/mods especially in the electronics department.

Latest posts

Back