Post Your Fender Type Tokais: Strats, Teles, Basses

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sigmania

Staff member
Reaction score
I have seen threads on the fancy Lesters on here, but not sure I have seen one on the wide variety of Fender style Tokais out there?

Please post your pics. I'm a fan of wood grain, but also the variety of paint colors. The recent thread on a Flamingo Orange ST and pics from the first Tokai convention got me thinking about this.

Curious to see what members have.

I'll start with a picture of a couple spaghetti logo metallic red guitars. 1981 ST80 & 1982 (?) JB50(?).

vJnODsH.jpg

METALLIC RED (MR)

And my 1979 ST100. It's a 50s style Strat, and simple design, but I think it is a work of art.

Fz9CojJ.jpg

wABeiab.jpg

GOLDEN SUNBURST (GS)

And my 1981 TE120 Breezy. Super cool pattern in the one piece ash body.

tw9qlih.jpg

QY9p4Xe.jpg

YELLOW SUNBURST (YS)

Thanks. Looking forward to seeing what other folks have. Tokai has made some incredible guitars over the years.

Looks like it may be a while before anyone else posts a picture so I may just snag some off the web and this forum to represent the variety Tokai has made.

i'm waiting for the sun to come out to take pics but as it's Manchester UK, could be sometime :(

mdvineng said:
i'm waiting for the sun to come out to take pics but as it's Manchester UK, could be sometime :(

I hear you. Remnants of hurricane Ida about to move through here. Expecting a day or two of rain.

1981 ST65 Springy

31yeE33.png

METALLIC GREEN (MG)

https://reverb.com/item/37500910-1981-tokai-st-65-springy-sound-metallic-green?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=12293041906&utm_content=campaignid=12293041906_adgroupid=119218509524_productpartitionid=1169427562942=merchantid=479688665_productid=37500910_keyword=_device=c_adposition=_matchtype=_creative=497396046170&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5pfptPTe8gIVFWyGCh3vVQALEAQYASABEgL-P_D_BwE

Oddly Tokai list the metallics with Metallic first except for Gold, as in Gold Metallic and Metallic Green and so forth. :eek:

mdvineng said:
Oddly Tokai list the metallics with Metallic first except for Gold, as in Gold Metallic and Metallic Green and so forth. :eek:

Thanks. I corrected the gold one's name and am going to add the color codes as well.

I assumed that happened because metallic green is MG, and you can't have two MGs? Green came first? Just an assumption.

Let me know if I missed any colors. Trying to grab pics of all the early color variations. Working on finding images of pink colors.

Back