Need help to identify Tokai Guitar

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anttonrj

Reaction score
Hello everybody!

I found this Tokai Gold Sound Stratocaster guitar from our local flea market. The seller didn't know the exact model because he bought it used as well. I've been trying to identify the guitar with the website as well as many others, but haven't figured out the model. The registration number is 7040125 and it's located in the neck plate. Could you help me?

tokai%20kitara.jpeg

Not sure if the image file works but it's just a pic of the neckplate.

Thank you very much!

Need pictures.

You can open a free account on Imgur. Upload pictures there. Then copy the Bbcode and paste in this thread.

I uploaded all the photos I have. Here's a link:

https://imgur.com/gallery/eOsHoxX

If you need more photos to help, please let me know so I can contact the owner and ask for more :)

I’m not sure about these. It’s a Goldstar AST and was made this side of 1984. That is when they began using that headstock.

The model number will depend on construction, so the number of pieces of wood in the body and the hardware/electronics. And when it was made since model number was the price, which goes up over time.

These ASTs are not as highly valued as the ones made before these, but they can still sound good. So play it before you buy it and don’t pay too much. :wink:

Okay. Thank you very much! Yeah, I will have to test this one out, haven't played it yet.
The seller is asking for 200 euros. Do you think that is a decent price? He said that the guitar is in very good condition.

Value is up to you. You can check Reverb for other listings and see what the going rates are.

Awesome. You are so welcome. Glad that was helpful. I'm learning too. 8)

Latest posts

Back