Tokai '335' MIK - any ideas on model or date please?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommyh

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I have acquired a Tokai '335'. It is Made in Korea, red, dot inlays, bound fingerboard, unbound f-holes, full length centre-block but it has no serial number or no sticker inside with model number. The pickups have been replaced (with an SD '59 in the neck & a Gibson Classic '57 in the bridge) and it has a Bigsby fitted with a roler bridge so no further clues there. It's great and I just wanted to try to find out more about it.

Cheers, Tom.

Hi Folks,

I have acquired a Tokai '335'. It is Made in Korea, red, dot inlays, bound fingerboard, unbound f-holes, full length centre-block but it has no serial number or no sticker inside with model number. The pickups have been replaced (with an SD '59 in the neck & a Gibson Classic '57 in the bridge) and it has a Bigsby fitted with a roler bridge so no further clues there. It's great and I just wanted to try to find out more about it.

Cheers, Tom.
Bump. How do I add a photo?

Hey Tom,

Those Korean ones were made in the period when Tokai outsourced production of lower priced models to Korea. Roughly 1995-2005.

The model should be ES60SR, or UES60SR (European market) I guess with the export dimple.

Specs:

ES-60
¥60,000
BODY / Maple Arched Top
Maple Side & Back
NECK / Maple Set-Neck
FINGERBOARD / Rosewood
BRIDGE/LS-VBK Bridge
LS-VTK Tailpiece
PICKUPS / PAF-Vintage MK4
CONTROLS/ 2V. 2T., 3way-SW
COLOR / SB, SR

2000 catalog:

Screen Shot 2023-01-10 at 12.25.46 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 3.57.47 PM.png

Last edited:
Obviously changed knobs and added Bigsby on yours.

1969-c3dfc8cd9f2e98b288c92a77c9966945.jpg

Last edited:
You’re welcome. Poke around the internet. I think some folks really like those. Enjoy.

Latest posts

Back