Tokai LS85 Gold Top audio/video demo.

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diamond

Reaction score
Put together by a friend of mine Peter Hanmer in his studio, Foxglove Studios.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wG9OEkgGEJM&aia=true

Very nice video, likewise playing!

I got my eyes on exactly this model from beginnen of 2009. I was doubting to go through with the buy or not, but I think your video has pulled me over the line! 8)

What else can you tell about this guitar? What serial number does it have?

The sound is very mature!

Thanks mclambo.

It's an LS85 made in the last 3 months, it's brand new, not sure of the serial number.
No setup has been done to the guitar, the setup was perfect in every way out the box...strings changed from 10's to 11's.
Stock pickups, MK2's, stock pots, no mods to the guitar.

At 1:46 on the video you can see a blue Les Paul Studio in the backround, we put a set of MK2's into that guitar over the weekend, the improvement was dramatic over the stock Gibson pickups.

Baie Dankie!

Since my budget is limited I cannot go for the Gibson Historical copies that multiple brands offer. The LS85 lacks a long tenon neck, and a couple of other things are not ' top notch' technology, but hearing the sound it produces, I think this won't be a problem!

If you want "Historic" then go for an LS150, for a third of the price of an R9, and IMO a better guitar.

I know that, but unfortunately I cannot stretch my budget. The Ls85 goldtop I'm thinking about is already a 3-rd hand from beginning of this year.

Trust me the LS85 is a great guitar, it's a Les Paul in every way.

Excellent video. Looks like it's shot by someone who appreciates the looks and quality of the guitar. Plus a high quality performance and a nice sample of playing styles to highlight the guitar qualities. And quality = the LS85.

At 1:46 on the video you can see a blue Les Paul Studio in the backround, we put a set of MK2's into that guitar over the weekend, the improvement was dramatic over the stock Gibson pickups.

The Mk2s do sound so good - not surprised at your comment Diamond.

The video is the sort of demo I used to expect to see on the major manufacturers websites ..... before I realised that expectation was so stupid. :roll:

mclambo said:
All-right, now to get the guy to actually sel it to me :) Wish me luck!

Don't worry about long or medium tenon. I have both and there's not much difference except maybe $300, unless you want a custom with real mop inlays and fret edge binding. I like my LS100's tone better than my LS230. They are different, but if I could have two 100's for the cost of a 230, I'd go with two 100's. :wink:

BTW, the 85 Goldtop is not much different from the 100Q, just a different finish and top. How much are you picking it up for?

Well, that part we are not in agreement about yet :). But first I'd like to see it for real, check out any dings and dongs it might have, and then come up with a price.

ACY said:
Very very very nice!!!!!!!!

ACY

Thanks, appreciated.

I wonder why so few comments are left on Youtube for this video, I think it's exceptional work and deserves some positive comments.

Back