Help me identify this Les Paul?

Tokai guitar discussion

Moderators: ian, ned

silverroman
Plucker

Re: Help me identify this Les Paul?

Post by silverroman » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:31 am

So false sycamore is actually a member of the maple family… I love wood. Presumably it’s still a hard tone wood but just a cheaper alternative. Like pau ferro which is a member of the rosewood family.

Either way. It’s bloody lovely looking and ripples and moves in the light just like proper flamed maple.

The other thing I was wondering about, is the whole cashew finish? I see in those early/mid 80s catalogues that some models use a cashew finish. And researching it, it seems like it’s a really interesting option. As it can look like brand new after years and years like a poly, but has the character of nitro.

silverroman
Plucker

Post by silverroman » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:14 am

Some close up pics. The more I look closely. The more I am confident this is indeed a 1984. Definitely old!

https://imgur.com/gallery/KZR97m5

guitar hiro
Guitar God

Post by guitar hiro » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:46 am

I don't believe the vintage of the example is in question; I have already voiced my opinion that the serial # denotes a 1984 example
'holier than thou cuntiness' was originally exported to the entire planet from the land of rocks and trees aka Cadada, and now the entire solar system is infected :lol:

silverroman
Plucker

Post by silverroman » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:27 am

Thanks Guitar Hiro…

Here I am giving it a blast.

https://www.reddit.com/r/RedditSessions ... ame=iossmf

Sigmania
Donating Member

Post by Sigmania » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:14 am

Nice video! A strat man... I was too. Tokai Love Rocks kind of changed that for me. :wink: Springys are amazing too by the way.

Beautiful guitar whatever it is and nice playing. I like the "walk arounds". I like playing that sort of thing myself, sort of Texas swing or 50s style guitar work.

Thanks for posting and cheers!
'79 LS80 GT Reborn, '79 ST100 Springy, '81 LS100S Hog, '81 ST80 Springy, '81 TE120 Breezy, '82 LS120 Love Rock (solid flame maple top), '82 JB50 Jazz Sounds