St55

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would be nuts.

U pickups say TST50. V necks were on the TST60.

Let us know when you have it in hand.

He’s describing a soft V. Very different than a U. This should be interesting.

I finally got it in my hands. The neck is a very soft v if any. It is chunky but not in a bad way. Of the 3 it has the chunkiest neck then the 82 burst and my favorite one so far the white 79. I still have the white one with the matching head stock coming tomorrow. That has a u shape for sure. I need a micrometer to make some measurements. My ls50 came today. I’m not sure I’m going to bond with that one. I wanted to try another lp but I’m a strat guy. I feel cramped on the shorter scale length. I’m going to give it a couple weeks and if I don’t bond with the ls50 then I’ll try to sell it or trade it for an another springy or goldstar. They all sound great though. And I’m finding that I like the maple board.

Attachments

• IMG_0979.jpeg
    IMG_0979.jpeg
    67.9 KB · Views: 0
I finally got it in my hands. The neck is a very soft v if any. It is chunky but not in a bad way. Of the 3 it has the chunkiest neck then the 82 burst and my favorite one so far the white 79. I still have the white one with the matching head stock coming tomorrow. That has a u shape for sure. I need a micrometer to make some measurements. My ls50 came today. I’m not sure I’m going to bond with that one. I wanted to try another lp but I’m a strat guy. I feel cramped on the shorter scale length. I’m going to give it a couple weeks and if I don’t bond with the ls50 then I’ll try to sell it or trade it for an another springy or goldstar. They all sound great though. And I’m finding that I like the maple board.

Definitely u shape. I used a hair tie, saw someone use a rubber band, and I could see it is a u shape. It is chunky. It feels good either way.

Latest posts

Back