Git

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brokentoes

Reaction score
I am considering buying this one as it seems to be legit and I wouldn't have to pay duty on it as it is in my own country for a change. As you can see it is a modified Tokai. The seller seems to have got some advice from the folks here as to the year it was made, what model would you say it is ?? I'm guessing it is a lower end model because of the pickups but i'm no expert when it comes to all the different models these Goldstars came in. I already have a nice greco strat that i love so it is not imparitive that I have yet another axe but i've always been partial to a white strat. The seller has given what i believe to be an accurate description of the guitar's modifications and has 100% feedback. Bidding starts at $350.00 and I'm thinking it might be nice to have around.... any advice ????

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150387081718&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching

Overpriced ?? In Canada $350 is equal to 6 bottles of tequila, 4 tanks of gas for the car .. money is a relative thing, what would you say would be a fair price ?? Could you take a guess at the model # ??? Thank you for your input

brokentoes said:
Overpriced ?? In Canada $350 is equal to 6 bottles of tequila, 4 tanks of gas for the car .. money is a relative thing, what would you say would be a fair price ?? Could you take a guess at the model # ???

$350's not a bad price for a low end Goldie - hell, low end Silver Stars go for that much.

Yeah, it has the cheapo pickups - too bad it doesn't show the tuners. If it had the cheapo tuners, it would be conclusive. My guess would be an ST40's....but like you, I'm not sure of the various models. It's gonna be an 84/85 as stated.

Agreed, need to see the tuners, but the pickups mark it out as an ST40. Looks like the knobs might have been changed too, & I don't recognise that ugly string tree - changed?

Personally I'd hold out for an ST50. But it is white....

:wink:

Mike

Thanks for your comments on this particular axe, would the main differences in the strat models be the electronics and such or would it be in the wood used and the quality of build ? I could easily swap out the old cheapo pickups and such for spares i have lying around, i do have a greco strat se 500 that i'm perfectly happy with in a natural finish so i'm not dying for this one.

Yes the string tree has been replaced by some kind of graphtech one, the seller i believe has listed this one honestly as modified, i don't lock my guitars away in vaults, i play them and i even let other friends play them, It doesn't have to be an ST100 for the likes of me if the main differences are only electronics. I can't personally tell a two piece body strat sound from a three piece, nor the sound of a nitro vs poly. I have a few guitars but i'm not a collector.

Differences are the wood, number of body pieces, electronics and hardware.

Still a good guitar - just get rid of the junk, plop some good stuff in it and have a nice day. OR hold out for a better one rather than sinking money into the lesser model. Up to you....

Thanks to all who responded to this thread, i've decided to pass on this guitar as i already have a nice Greco strat that i'm happy with. I've got a bit of an addiction to guitars and have 5 electric guitars already. However I've justified having so many (to myself) because they are all different styles of guitar. As much as i'd like a white Strat, i just don't need one. I just recently bought a Yamaha Superflighter 1000 and find that when i switch to any of my other guitars, they somehow seem like toys. I'm hopelessly incurable though and am always lookin'.

Cheers

brokentoes said:
Thanks to all who responded to this thread, i've decided to pass on this guitar as i already have a nice Greco strat that i'm happy with. I've got a bit of an addiction to guitars and have 5 electric guitars already. However I've justified having so many (to myself) because they are all different styles of guitar. As much as i'd like a white Strat, i just don't need one. I just recently bought a Yamaha Superflighter 1000 and find that when i switch to any of my other guitars, they somehow seem like toys. I'm hopelessly incurable though and am always lookin'.

Cheers
FYI:
I bought it $360 canadian $0 shipping, I live 15 minutes away...seemed a fair deal to me.

Addiction!? 5 guitars is merely a passing interest around these parts, BT :D

*trips over the two that landed today*

Latest posts

Back