Alpha pots - US sourcing

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mick51

Reaction score
Can any of the members that are US-based point me to a good source for full sized Alpha pots? Not the 16 mm size used in the Korean/Chinese issues, but the full-sized pots. I'm looking for both audio and linear taper. I find a few, but it's slim pickings. We here in the States appear to be "metrically challenged."

Also, I know that CTS offers higher-spec pots - built to tighter tolerances than the "standard" 20% (or more). (Surprisingly, they're more often below-spec than above. Gee, that's a strange statistical quirk. not..) Are there higher-spec, tighter tolerance Alpha pots as well? Built to 5% or 10% tolerance?

I have a couple older Burny LP's that I want to replace 500 k pots in, and the knobs aren't going to work well - if at all - if I enlarge the holes and use CTS pots.

Thanks for any help and insight.

These guys might be worth a look.

http://www.mojotone.com/potentiometers.asp?id=45000&s=Mojotone

I've no idea about tolerances but they say they get pot's made to their own spec's by both CTS & alpha. I find the site a bit hard to get around but if you put alpha in the search box all the standard alpha pots come up.

Dave

Back