Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UK Tokai owners convention
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlanN
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has Mirrorboy been back online since?
JohnA
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlanN wrote:
Has Mirrorboy been back online since?

Don't think he has, I'll drop him a PM
stratman323

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest that, if we haven't heard from mirrorboy in a couple of weeks, we should abandon this option and look for another venue. Otherwise we'll all be dead before this convention happens......
Mole Man
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stratman323 wrote:
I suggest that, if we haven't heard from mirrorboy in a couple of weeks, we should abandon this option and look for another venue. Otherwise we'll all be dead before this convention happens......

AHAHHAHHAHA!!!!
mirrorboy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I took so long to post. I've been wrestling with a couple of concerns about the venue.

Five pubs closing daily in the UK means I must have a backup plan. I can also have the use of a nice concert room in a nearby club but we'd have to be out by 7pm.

The pub only does food to order now so I think it might become too complicated to arrange that. Both venues are close to restaurants, takeaways and macdonalds

I'm still serious about hosting it unless anyone else has a better idea. I need your thoughts. Post away!

P.S. What and when is an International Weekend?
JohnA
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back Mirrorboy! The concert room in the club would be fine for me!

As I said in the PM, I would be happy to assist in any whay I can, let's see if we can fix a date and we can sort out the details.
mirrorboy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you JohnA, your help would be much appreciated.

My main reason for offering these venues as possiblities for this inaugaral "UK Tokai Owners' Convention" is that both venues have excellent car parking facilities, and I've also had to bear in mind the potential turnout for this event. I mean how long is a piece of string?

Wherever we hold it, I reckon we have to fix on a date first of all and then invite members to register their interest on here to get a better idea of the likely numbers. Personally, I have no commitments so far this year so any date would suit me fine.

Over to you guys
stratman323

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mirrorboy wrote:

Wherever we hold it, I reckon we have to fix on a date first of all and then invite members to register their interest on here to get a better idea of the likely numbers. Personally, I have no commitments so far this year so any date would suit me fine.

Agreed. How much in advance should this be - in other words how much notice do the organisers need? 2 months? 3?
JohnA
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really think there is a lot to organise, mostly it will be down to peoples availability.

Anyone for March 7th, first Saturday in March?
stratman323

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can do that date, but I wondered if giving a bit more notice would make it easier for some people to commit to the date? Especially people who live abroad but might want to attend.
JohnA
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stratman323 wrote:
I can do that date, but I wondered if giving a bit more notice would make it easier for some people to commit to the date? Especially people who live abroad but might want to attend.

In some respects it's easier to plan short-term, I know where I'll be this weekend, but not three months down the line. Lets go with that date until someone objects. I'll start a new thread to get a list of names together and drop Ned a note and see if he can make it a sticky.
mirrorboy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stratman323 wrote:

I agree and, although I wouldn't have to give much notice, obviously the date would have to be confirmed with the venue.
mirrorboy
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnA wrote:
stratman323 wrote:

In some respects it's easier to plan short-term, I know where I'll be this weekend, but not three months down the line. Lets go with that date until someone objects. I'll start a new thread to get a list of names together and drop Ned a note and see if he can make it a sticky.

Ok, give that a try. I'll keep an eye out for any objections and I'll check availability on Mar 7 for both venues tonight.
JohnA
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mirrorboy, it's looking good!
iainblack
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, looks like I will be free on the 7th so it would be good to go with that date if possible.

International football weekend means there is no prem league games so it doubles the chance of me being able to make it - 14th Feb was next I think but valentines would be a problem for the romantics and henpecked among us. 28th March is another clear day but not sure if that was an FA Cup date - but that does not matter now.

Roll on the 7th! Am I OK to bring my roadie? My Brother in Law (he who carved the dragon guitar) says he would like to attend and would be useful to have carrying guitar cases, especially if I have a baby with me!! (Don't worry she is very well behaved).

Weather permitting also!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: