Greco pricing question

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlanN

Reaction score
Hello! I was playing a Greco standard LP copy earlier today - it's a chambered, two-piece body. Comes with a hard case, lovely neck pickup, bridge swapped for some Seymour Duncan rubbish but the original is included.

So, two questions:

The serial on the back of the headstock was the only clue to the model - it was G787862. Anything dodgy about that?

Secondly, if it's not a copy and is really a 1978 model - it's in lovely condition, which has me suspicious, though missing the scratchplate - what would you price it at?

Thanks!

hi alanN! the guitar is from july,1978. must be EG-450, maybe EG-500. the model-line is pre-super real. this are the chambered models during that period. i haven?t heard about korean-copys from that period, but if you are able to check out the control cavity, you normally must find braided wire, full-size pots(24mm) and a clearly-laquered cavity. this model seems to be made in japan :D . if there are the smaller pots(16mm), standard-wire, and the cavity is black painted, this model seems to be korean-made :-? . the orig.japanese version also has the dowel-tenon neck-joint and the orig.PU must be a U-1000,to be identified at the first number on the PU-back, which must be a 1. if the guitar is in a really great condition you can find equal models on ebay 450,-$-priced. good luck! :)

Aah, thank you! I'll leave this one alone, then - the price is far too high.

The level of knowledge on this forum is absolutely astounding. Thanks a million, mojoburst!

Latest posts

Back