New welcome message?

Place to provide feedback for site improvements.

Moderator: ned

stratman323

New welcome message?

Post by stratman323 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:52 am

Could I suggest an addition to the welcome message to new forum members? Something along the lines of:

"If you have a Tokai that you want to ask other forum members about, please bear in mind that you will need to post pictures if you expect to get any sensible answers. If you don't post pics, you are virtually guaranteed to get a reply saying "post pics of your guitar if you want to get a reply". Don't get offended at this - everyone gets the same reply! Remember that some forum members have read hundreds of posts like this, & they must get fed up with posting the same request for pics to every new member. They will be helpful to you if you let them see your guitar.

So, head this problem off by posting pics of your Tokai when you post. You can sign up for free to www.photobucket.com or (insert ad of other suitable site here)"

Would this help? Or maybe, just include the recent comment from togps (which cracked me up!)

tudor
Guitar God

Post by tudor » Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:37 am

Useful direction ... :lol: :lol:

Good Idea !!! I support this ... 8)

Roger

stratman323

Post by stratman323 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:36 am

It's been in place for a few weeks now. Still seems like lots of new members don't read it though...