K Serial Orville origins

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cool info... that would prove many people bashing K orvilles are indeed wrong. Unfortunetly I never got to play a K one to know wether they are indeed worse or not.

Sherlock%20Holmes%20II%20wallpaper.JPG

nice job! It definitely makes sens.

japanstrat said:
I know from tracking auctions that the K serial Orvilles were sold in Ishibashi stores which means Yamano wasn't involved and therefore the K prefix stands for "Kanda Shokai".

Both the Yamano and Kanda Shokai commissioned Orvilles were made in Japan just like the Japanese Fenders.

Korea doesn't come into the picture because all the Orvilles including the K serial Orvilles were using the Fender Japan setup and that means Japan only.

I'd like to see some proof of this. :)
Just by "tracking" auctions you tell us that "K" stands for "Kanda Shokai"?
No Orvilles were ever made in Korea?
Do you mean by saying "Fender Japan setup" electronics, pickups and bridges or is there a text in every K-Orville that says: "This guitar was setup by Fender Japan worker"?

I'm not saying that you could be right but just telling that the this is the truth and others were wrong without something backing up your word is quite unbelievable. :D IF you are right, I quess K-Orvilles' prices shoot up through the roof?

This is not a personal attack against you nor am I calling you a liar. (Just making this clear and to avoid mistakes.)

jouko,

... you're right - to believe is one thing, but a cast-iron backup would help !!! 8)

So, japanstrat,

could you please prove your comments !!! :wink:

Roger

from my Japanese expert...see below...

very interesting.

it is correct that Yamano-Yamano vs Kanda-Ishibashi relationship.
but, it is not explain about K serial.

it is possiblity K is not Korea but Kanda.

but, it is completely different K orville and another orville.
not same paint, not same parts, not same not same.....parts are same as Korea made.

if you asked to Gibson USA about Orville, they answered "all of Orville were made in Japan, not Korea"

we dont know about truth.
but it is fact. K Orville is not so good. sound is same as Epi Korea.
this is the most important thing.

um.. yes... a long well argued post..

my guy thinks they are not the same as japan orvilles...i believe him...the fact is wherever they come from whatever the reasoning ..people dont like them as much as non K-serial orvilles...and as there are so many non k serial orvilles about why take any risk?

Interesting theory, I'm still trying to absorb it. K = Kanda Shokai makes sense.

However, the theory would imply that Ishibashi never sold any new higher end Orville by Gibson models. Was that true?

I can believe that two different factories produced the ObGs and stickered Orvilles, maybe three!

I have seen very few early (1989-1992) inked serial number Orvilles, but I didn't keep track of the models, so I can't confirm that they were all SG basses. One of the earliest inked serial number Orville I saw was 905184 -- is that May 1990 or May 1989?

The manager of a local chain shop told me FJs are made in two factories with basses in another, so more than one factory producing a single brand is not far fetched.

orvilleowner said:
I can believe that two different factories produced the ObGs and stickered Orvilles, maybe three!

THis would be quite logical.

There's still the Orville By Gibson accoustics point: There's some accoustics fromthe same year, same model but different serials and different truss rod cover:

the A serial guitars have the Gibson truss rod cover, and the G serial guitars have a 3 screws "?piphone like" cover. They are both "Orville By Gibson".

Plus the fact a friend e-mailed Yamano some years ago for the factories making Orville and they answered 3 factories were involved if I remember well. The aswer was posted on a french forum, I should be able to find it.

the K series orvilles are different to the non K series ...the colour blend on the sunbursts is different, , and the poly finish on the K series is thicker...so different factories whether in japan or not makes sense...

Too many ifs, buts, (un)likelys, surelys, maybes and whys for me at the moment. To me K-series is made in Korea until someone shows some real hard evidence. :D

I hope you are not becoming obsessed with this, japanstrat.

what about you joukov, you seem a little obsessed to?

Since you like to show how many, if's and maybe's, why don't you get moving and prove the man wrong?

Latest posts

Back