something very funny

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timsmcm

Reaction score
tried to post a topic on the lespaul forum about my new to me 78 tokai gold top. I started it off saying that my guitar actually said lespaul on the headstock and most of them thought It had been changed to be that way. Anyway they moved the post to where I could not post anymore about it.
Too bad It is one of the best lespauls I have ever owned Period.

Right underneith Les Paul in small letters it should say Reborn. Post some pics man, I've got a 79 GT.

Ned

Tim ? that?s really odd, because it's happened several times recently on LPF, specifically with Tokai.... someone posts saying they played a Tokai & found it compared well to Gibson, & then the thread is suddenly & mysteriously whisked away. About 3 months back there was a long thread in which there was a lot of praise for Tokai & a lot of complaint about Gibson, but ever since then it seems the mods will quickly remove such opinions :roll: .

Ian.

Knowing how the guys on the LPF are, you're much safer to have it moved or removed! Although extremely knowledgeable, they have a certain affinity for dragging you out in the back alley and kicking the virtual s**t out of you for a while - then welcome you to the forum and tell you to grow a thicker skin! Although I'm a member there too, I can't say I find this quality particulary endearing, so you really have to watch your step there.

Now, having said that, I wouldn't mind seeing a little tussle here once in a while. Hmm, maybe too many civilized Brits here... :wink:

Novosel, honestly, a "tussle here", dear me, perish the thought old boy :wink: .

Ian.

ask the moderator why its been moved..after all its not the GIBSON Les Paul forum..its the Les Paul forum, I have posted re greco, burny, and Orvilles and had no probs with them..

Tim, your post got moved to the backstage area which is where all posts about non Gibson knockoffs go whether it's a Tokai, Max, Guitar Clinic, whatever. You'll get better info about it here anyway.

If I wanted to complain about LPF I guess I should go there & do it, I mean it's their Forum & upto them how they run it, not really my place to complain about them here,... but that "Backstage Area" just says ?No Posts, Never!?, and there?s nothing listed there, not even if you choose ?since beginning? lol :) ! There may well be some way to display the stuff they?ve dumped there, but it hardly seems designed to encourage any discussion ? just looks like a place to shovel stuff away when they want it out of sight :roll: .

Ian.

I was just posting it there because I knew that would happen. I just think it is funny that men have a tendency to act like little boys sometimes. I like all guitars if they happen to be good guitars no matter what the name says. If you men will tell me how to post a picture I will do so. :lol: I am in no way complaining about the lespaul forum here just thought you guys would get a kick out of it :evil:

Tim, you complain about them all you want mate,... ha I just thought I should avoid any flack myself lol.

Yeah, sorry I'm such a clutz on the photos ... if anyone here can help Tim with posting his photos, that would be great, thanks :-? .

Ian.

there was a time when it was a good forum, but those days are long gone. Most of the real talent has been banned or moved on. Now what's left are lots of whiney 20 somethings who own one studio or classic and have lot's of opinions on everything. It's a great reference point for mostly useless information. Do you really care about pickguard or no pickguard ? Long vs short tenon ? And yes, I've seen posts about all manor of non gibson guitars get pulled. In fact if you try and post a link to any company that's not paying to advertise there you'll find yourself banned and /or the post deleted.

Hi Tim ? if you check here http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=3528 you?ll see my first attempt at posting a photo. I did this using Photobucket.com. Ie just log-on at Photobucket.com (free) & go into ?My Album?, use their ?Browse? function to select the photo from your PC, then ?Cut & Paste? the photo into their box marked ?PICTURE? & click ?SUBMIT?. That should upload the photo into your Photobucket Album (ie at foot of page). Then highlight the stuff in box marked ?Img? (ie below the photo) then just Cut & Paste that into your message on Tokai forum (ie compose you message in normal way, then just click paste to drop the ?Img? stuff). See if that works :-? .

Ian.

There are a few snooby old buggers over at the Lester forum. As well as owning Tokai's I have a few posh Gibbo's too but I dont climb up my own arse about it.

Just the mention of Tokai has them running to the bog for a chunder.

Tim ? if you find those instructions unappealing (photobucket etc.), then just email the photo to me & I?ll post it here for you :-? .

Ian.

The LPF is a font of great knowledge...I have lotta respect for lotsa people there ..they have helped me out a lot in the last few years in a steep learning curve..however other people may not feel the same lol.

I agree with you that there is a wealth on knowledge there but there is also some of the most arrogant blokes there that I have ever seen If you dont agree or see the same side of the coin you can get crucified. I have met some of the men from the lespaul forum at guitar shows and wonder If they are even players or just collectors.

Agree with both of those comments ? there?s certainly a vast depth of knowledge on LPF, some serious players & some wealthy collectors ? on the other hand it?s quite easy for any unsuspecting newbie to walk headlong into a heated argument ? I guess you have to take the rough with the smooth :-? .

Ian.

Latest posts

Back