80's Greco,Burny or Tokai..which should I get??

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riffpowers

Reaction score
i'm on the lookout for a decent quality but good value guitar with the kind of quality that won't look and sound cheap next to my 1990 gibson les paul custom.
These guitars are a bit thin on the ground over here in the uK,so I've been looking on e-bay.
What do you guys reckon I should keep my eye open for??I'm looking for bang for buck as well as quality.

I'd say all of the above! ;)

I've been looking at Greco, Burny & Tokai from the 80's too, but I don't have any spare cash (and according to my wife, I have too many guitars anyway!). It's unfortunate that you have to buy sight unseen, but that seems to be the only way to get a better priced instrument (I won't say bargain, as they seem to have all but disappeared!), as the shops add their overhead & tax etc.

FWIW, to me, the Burny's are made by Tokai, where the Greco's are (from what I hear) made by Fernandes. All the models of the three manufacturer's I've seen on the 'net look really nice, but it's down to which one looks the nicest to you when you have the cash!

". . .Burny's are made by Tokai, where the Greco's are (from what I hear) made by Fernandes."
Burny's are made by Fernandes. Tokais are Tokais. Grecos are Grecos.
Orvilles were made in the Fuji plant along with the Grecos.

That's what I hear, anyway. :wink:

Any of 'em can be fine instruments; on ebay, it looks like Grecos are the least expensive at this point in time.

Back