l/h Goldstar on eBay

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qooker

Reaction score
Hi,
This is my first post on the Tokai forum. I'm a left handed player with a preference for Strat-type guitars from Holland.
The reason for post my is the listing of a l/h Goldstar on eBay and that does not happen all that often. Unfortunately some things about this guitar are puzzling to me (based on what I know through the TokaiRegistry):

1 it is a 3T sunburst RW Goldstar (TST 55, sticker on back of neck) with a single-ply 50's style pickguard
2 the PU's are bar magnet type (flush poles)
3 the holes for trem cavity cover are unusual: normally the middle screw hole for the screw near the upper horn is closer to the neckplate, but here the hole of the screw near the lower horn is closer to the neckplate - I've never seen that screw pattern before

The s/n on the neckplate is L22616, and the 3T 'burst looks okay, but could a body as described above be original? (trem unit is also non-original)

I've added the link to the eBay offering below (hope this works!). The pictures are not too clear.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2384&item=3770495798&rd=1

Hope some of you Tokai-guru's can help me with this.

Cheers,
Paul[/url][/list]

Nope it's not genuine! Well the neck is but the body is that of a Squier Strat. I now know this and have adjusted the Ebay listing accordingly. Many thanks for being suspicious, rightly so!

Any one got a left-hand Goldstar strat with a Squier neck?

Cheers

Chriss

Latest posts

Back