HummingBird Custom

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Looking for information on my "HummingBird Custom" folk guitar. According to the label inside the body it was made by Tokai Gakki, serial number 9090xx, and it looks like W-300 may be the model number. I got this guitar in the late '70s or early '80s from a guy who said it was in his closet for years. It's one of the best sounding acoustic guitars I've ever played. Any information as to year of manufacture, present value, links to more information, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Great website! After posting the above message, I combed through the catalogs in the registry and found the W-300 model in the 1973 catalog, listed at 30k Yen. The picture in the catalog matches my guitar. Anyone have an idea what it's value would be today? Thanks.

I'd say that one's a keeper. Chances are it might have Brazilian rosewood also. It's hard to put a price on it - I don't follow acoustics all that much, but Ebay helps with ballpark figures - but how I'd value it is: what would a new acoustic of this sound and quality cost you? My old Love Rock may only be worth around $700, but I'd have to spend thousands to get an axe of similar quality.

And welcome to the Tokai Forum!

Back