Yamaki/Daion Lester w/ '59 Voodoo PAF's

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jc32665

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone out there knows anything about these LP's. I bought the following today w/ the 59 Voodoo PAF's from the same seller:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3723788437&category=38086&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWA%3AIT&rd=1

starting to feel like Christmas.... :)

I have a Yamaki Les Paul, I think it's probably mid 1970's and I paid ?500 for it.

It seems to be a copy of a 59/60 Les Paul and sounds excellent.

I believe Yamaki claimed to develope certain manufacturing techniques whcih they then shared with other companies and were supposedly a for runner to the Tokais.

The axe weighs 8.5 Lbs and is a nice sunburst with a kind of antique-ish grain and look....

The Harmony Central reviews I read before buying were extremely complimentary about these guitars.

I have a Yamaki Acoustic also and it's a lovely sounding guitar.

Is your Yamaki comparable to the early Tokais Les Paul Reborn in terms of quality and sound? And does it have a one or two piece back?

bump...

looktoyourorb said:
Is your Yamaki comparable to the early Tokais Les Paul Reborn in terms of quality and sound? And does it have a one or two piece back?

well is it comparable to the early tokais?
i own one of these too and would like to know as i have never been fortunate enough to play one of these early reborn/loverock/lespauls. :D

one other question, do the yamakis have a nitro finish? i wouldnt know how to tell if mine has a poly or lacquer finish...

cheers

Latest posts

Back