Edwards Laquer-top Les Pauls... Anybody got one ?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boogie-Stian

Reaction score
Hi !
After spending this christmas at home, I?ve had the pleasure of visiting different japanese guitar-shops from my livingroom.

I am really curious about the SD equipped Edwards Les Paul std?s I?ve seen, nice tops, laqer finish etc.... Are they as good as they seem to be ?

The Bacchus Zemaitis copies... how are they ?

Is there anybody out there who can recomend a good japanese guitarshop.... ? Have you got a www...? And do they accept PayPal or VISA ?

Stian

a local chain shop went out of business here and I got the Edwards Les Paul Jr with the single Duncan P-90 dogear. Thet call it a barely finished lacquer and it is very thin. The grain is seen through the TV yellow color. Deluxe tuners and wrap around bridge. It had been reduced a couple of times so I finally jumped on it.
It is a great little screamer. By far the lightest guitar I have. I`ve seen the Les Paul models, they look very well made too. They have a semi gloss finish which may shine up in the spots where there is more friction. I`m waitng to get a used one. Or another going out of business sale. As for credit cards..... some shops tae em some don`t, you have to contact them and ask. Same for the shipping abroad... many don`t but some do.

theres a comany called Tune in japan that was making the Zemaitis copies as well.
I own several Bacchus strats and teles. They make a very very good copy, but I`ve been sending them e-mails since October and got no answers.

I have bought 3 edwards.I have a lp jr with a laquer top,a lp custom with a laquer top,and a lp standard polyurethane.The quality seems really nice on all of them,but the laquers finish seems alot nicer than the poly finish.The lp custom has the fattest neck I've ever played and weighs a ton.The finish seems really nice considering you can get one between $500-$700 off ebay.The only thing I don't like about the custom is that the inlays are plastic.I don't know if cheaper tokais have that or not.The lp jr is awesome.I got it for $500 with shipping and it's perfect.It has plastic inlays but since they're dots,you can't tell.The lp standard is nice also but I'm going to sell it because I don't like the super shiny poly finish and I like the baseball neck on the custom better.The custom also has smaller flatter frets than the standard.This could be good or bad depending on what you like.I would definately recommend edwards if you can live with plastic inlays.I had an orville by gibson standard and the edwards seem nicer besides the inlays.

just picked one up this week. Mine is the E-LP-90LT. Came stock with open face Duncans...SH-1 and SH-4. I like the neck a lot, its chunky but not too fat. Rosewood fingerboard. No pickguard and violin honey burst, just beautiful. I have pics but they are too big for host sites and our OS is in Japanese and I don`t want to ask my wife to help... then she`ll know about the guitars....ssshhhhh.
Mine is gloss lacquer top... the new ones are advertised as half gloss in the catalogs so mine may be from last year. Deep joint neck, seems to be a 2 piece back but it is very well matched. Maple cap not veneer but the flame may be veneer... they can`t be building these at the price they sell them for like Gibsons... they have to cut production costs somewhere. I may swap the tail piece and bridge for better, not that there is anything wrong with them but I imagine thay may be of lesser quality, again to cut costs. All in all I like it very much and had been looking for one for a bit. Saw on in the pawn shop and had to have it. Only been a few days but so far I`m impressed. Also have the Les Paul JR in TV yellow... what a scream this thing is.
http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b43520560
http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b47604408

Back