Legitimate Goldstar Sound in Portland, OR?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big_kribb

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Found this craigslist ad for a Tokai Goldstar Sound in Portland, OR: https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/msg/d/portland-tokai-strat-goldstar-sound/6882414632.html

Any idea what year it was made or where it was made? Other than the "Made in Japan" at the base of the neck, I don't see any other identifying info. Waiting to hear back about serial number as I can't see one in any of the photos, but the modified headstock and lack of wear and tear make me think it's gotta be fairly new.

Thoughts?

Thank you!

I have a no serial number MIJ breezysound. Yours looks like the same neck as on mine except yours has the strat syle headstock as opposed to my tele style. Mine is from 2009ish if i can remember right. There were a few that made it out with only the MADE IN JAPAN at the bottom of the neck and no serial.

thank you brokentoes! The owner thinks it's an '80 something based off internet research, but your ID sounds a lot closer to reality. How does your guitar sound/feel? Comparable to a modern MIJ Fender?

I got mine used as well. Mine had a satin neck, i've had it for some time now and from playing it she has become naturally glossy. I can't fault the guitar in any way. Frets were perfect, nice rosewood board even though it was a lower end model with a 3 piece body. Holds tune well.... just kick *** really.

Back