Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can you help date a Breezysound?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Vintage (Older than 1985)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neener83
Plucker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:22 pm    Post subject: Can you help date a Breezysound? Reply with quote

Hi there! So happy to have found an active Tokai forum. Awesome!

I've been trying to date my Tokai Breezysound for a few years with no luck. There doesn't seem to be much out there about my model. Also, I noticed there is no truss rod on my model which I found unusual for a Tele.

Any info would be greatly appreciated thanks!

(i dont know how to post photos so here are links, i apologize)

https://imgur.com/a/ROgkVJz

https://imgur.com/a/GYtxAvF

https://imgur.com/a/kAK9xrZ

https://imgur.com/a/AykZxzl
Peter Mac
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi neener83,

From the few photos you have sent I would put this Breezy as a TTE-60 RR probably made between 1983 and 1984.
Bridge does not look original though. Next time you change strings, unscrew both pickups as they should show a stamp like " TEB " on the bottom of them.
Take off the neck and you will find a phillips truss rod adjuster at the base of the neck with another stamp similar to " 5=12 ". Next go to the control plate and undo the 2 screws and lift it up. There should be another stamp similar to "5=12 RR Z" - or under the front pickup - both locations were used.
Take lotsa photos and post them and we can define exactly what it is.

regards
Peter
neener83
Plucker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter Mac wrote:
Hi neener83,

From the few photos you have sent I would put this Breezy as a TTE-60 RR probably made between 1983 and 1984.
Bridge does not look original though. Next time you change strings, unscrew both pickups as they should show a stamp like " TEB " on the bottom of them.
Take off the neck and you will find a phillips truss rod adjuster at the base of the neck with another stamp similar to " 5=12 ". Next go to the control plate and undo the 2 screws and lift it up. There should be another stamp similar to "5=12 RR Z" - or under the front pickup - both locations were used.
Take lotsa photos and post them and we can define exactly what it is.

regards
Peter

Awesome thank you for the insight. I've been meaning to pull it apart.

Out of curiousity, what makes you think bridge isn't original?
Peter Mac
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

sorry. i just double checked and the first 2 Years did have a chrome 3-saddle bridge. Later Years had a 6 saddle.

Again, sorry for the upset.

regards
Peter
neener83
Plucker

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter Mac wrote:
Hi,

sorry. i just double checked and the first 2 Years did have a chrome 3-saddle bridge. Later Years had a 6 saddle.

Again, sorry for the upset.

regards
Peter

This might be a long shot, but an idea what Fender would be comparable size wise? The neck on the Tokai is perfect. It's on the thinner side for sure. I haven't been able to find a Tele that matches it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Vintage (Older than 1985) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: