Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Burny FLG-150 <> Solid top, or Veneer?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Burny/ Fernandes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
guitar hiro
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:00 pm    Post subject: Burny FLG-150 <> Solid top, or Veneer? Reply with quote

I have often wondered why owners & sellers alike claim their FLG-150 model has a 'solid' top.
I recently contacted a FLG owner & told him the photo of the top demonstrates a veneer top, although the owner claims it is a 'solid' top.

I located another FLG-150 on YJ and a photo clearly demonstrates a 'veneer' top, even though the seller claims the FLG has a 'solid' top.
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w304383343
The wall of the pickup route demonstrates none of the flame characteristic of the top, in the listings' fourth photo .
I wonder what is going on with folks; are they crazy, do they believe potential buyers are stupid, or what?

If you are ever looking at the potential purchase of any 'flame top' LP type & the seller claims it is a 'solid' top, always ask for the required photos that demonstrate the seller's claim.
It is called DYODD aka cover your ass.
wulfman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also get a kick out of how many times I have seen those FLGs 90's and 150s listed as being refretted. They didn't come with fret edge binding originally but sellers don't seem to know that.
guitar hiro
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wulfman wrote:
I also get a kick out of how many times I have seen those FLGs 90's and 150s listed as being refretted. They didn't come with fret edge binding originally but sellers don't seem to know that.

I recently contacted a Reverb seller about some documentation concerning a guitar he had listed for sale. The guitar had no serial number even though the model being offered included a serial number on all examples. The example included no 'spec sheet' although each example originally had a spec sheet. The (visual) flame feature of the top did not translate into the side wall of the pickup route in the seller's listed photo. That is three huge red flags, for me. I asked the seller about all the items & the seller just freaked the fvck out.
Afterward the seller posted a photo to the listing showing the flame feature of the top, on the under side of the top, in the control route. I was thinking to myself, why in Hell didn't that dumb ass post that photo when he put the listing up?
Some times I am amazed by sellers & typically not in a good way.
Blackout2112
Plucker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:02 pm    Post subject: Flg 150 Reply with quote

I have thinking of buying 1980 flg 150 if someone has a one around.Pm me
guitar hiro
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Flg 150 Reply with quote

Blackout2112 wrote:
I have thinking of buying 1980 flg 150 if someone has a one around.Pm me

maybe try going for something with a solid top; jus' sayin'
Blackout2112
Plucker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiro you have a good point but I have been wanting a flg 150/240 for a while.
J.E.M.
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While you guys are waiting for a 150 to come along... here's my mid 80's RLG 90 with solid top... right

guitar hiro
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w304383343

wow, $2,800 USD for that FLG-150; the price of veneer tops are going to da moon.
guitar hiro
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blackout2112 wrote:
Hiro you have a good point but I have been wanting a flg 150/240 for a while.

good luck with your search
Blackout2112
Plucker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I did see the two yahoo.One was clearly a veneer and the other auction ended before I could bid.The second appeared to have paperwork showing that it was a 150
guitar hiro
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blackout2112 wrote:
Thanks, I did see the two yahoo.One was clearly a veneer and the other auction ended before I could bid.The second appeared to have paperwork showing that it was a 150

You now have an idea that flame top FLGs are going for a PREMIUM considering that one on YJ went for $2,800 USD.

Also, if that guitar ever hits the market again, the asking price will be more than the seller paid for it on the YJ listing, guaranteed.

So, now you know what kind of scratch you will be tossing for veneer which IMO is insane.

Happy hunting
Blackout2112
Plucker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes 150 are selling for a lot. I did just buy a flg 90.It looks very nice, I will put up a pic when it arrives
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Burny/ Fernandes All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: