Authentic Breezysound?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cav HB

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Thanks for accepting me to the forum. I am considering buying what I have been told is a MIJ 1984 Breezysound.
How would I authenticate it?
Apologies if this has been covered before, I'm new to Tokai guitars.
Thanks in advance!

Ask the seller to give you some shots of what's underneath the pickguard. The routes and the electronics/pickups. There are codes on the butt of the neck and inside the routes that will indicate if it's a Tokai, and the pickups will tell if its a lower or higher model. Higher models were also finished in Nitro.

brokentoes said:
Ask the seller to give you some shots of what's underneath the pickguard. The routes and the electronics/pickups. There are codes on the butt of the neck and inside the routes that will indicate if it's a Tokai, and the pickups will tell if its a lower or higher model. Higher models were also finished in Nitro.

Thanks for the reply. He gave me the serial number, which sounds like it checks out. It is L24881. The headstock, fret dots, and tuning machines all look authentic, in comparison to ones I've seen here, and elsewhere. The bridge is a non-ashtray chrome with "TOKAI" stamped diagonally on it.
I messaged Tokai Guitars UK on Facebook, and they told me it looks decent.
Are there any dead giveaways that the fakes usually have?

Latest posts

Back