• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2008 MIJ Tokai "ES Custom" Semi-Hollow SOLD

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harpoonman

Reaction score
2008 MIJ Tokai "ES Custom" Semi-hollow. Tokai doesn't build a regular production guitar with specs like this one so it had to be ordered through their custom shop. The general specs include:

Flamed maple top & back in See-through Red (SR);
Nitro lacquer finish;
Madagascar Rosewood fretboard;
Bound neck with fret-edge binding (i.e. nibs);
ABR-1 Bridge;
CTS Pots, Switchcraft 3-way & jacks;
Custom-style factory Hard Shell Case.

The guitar is gorgeous and in like new condition with the protective plastic still on the pickups & pickguard. It's an absolute joy to play as well and is incredibly resonant when you strum it. Without exaggeration, it's the nicest looking & playing ES-335 style guitar I've ever encountered and is at least as good as any of the Custom Shop models available from Gibson. The guitar was ordered by and belonged to a collector before me and is in essentially the same condition as it when it was originally received new from Tokai. I have an email from Tokai-Gakki confirming that this guitar is a legitimate Made In Japan Tokai that was special ordered. As far as modern Tokais go, it doesn't get any better than this IMO.

SOLD

o3cuuummo8xplroyevqd.jpg

fidwlpfrmvhblfdiaka9.jpg

bzsyqkprjm0gh3gsogn6.jpg

sqiq708ktalsbptuka0l.jpg

zpsq7nmnakzyuv8vefpk.jpg

aroomstudios said:
I have seen your reverb listing. That is a really nice 335.

Agreed. Except Reverb won't allow me to use "335" or even "ES" in my listing title. Pointing out that ES was actually the model designation was not well received by Reverb either...ha ha!

I sold a Tokai ES on Reverb in April, 2017 & it had ES in the listing title; maybe they stopped allowing that since my previous listing.

There are currently 17 Tokai ES models listed on Reverb; all have ES in the listing titles :-?

That is a very nice, very unique Tokai ES you have there; I'm sure it will sale very quick.

guitar hiro said:
There are currently 17 Tokai ES models listed on Reverb; all have ES in the listing titles :-?

Yes, it was the strangest thing. I have no idea why Reverb zeroed in on my listing in particular. Weird...

Latest posts

Back